• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Scala Rider/iPhone/Garmin 2730

H

harryt11

I'm trying to sort out the usage of a Scala Rider Q2 headset with my Garmin 2730 and iPhone. The Scala pairs with the 2730, and the iPhone pairs with the 2730 and all works great. I can make and receive calls with no problem and hear the GPS directions. I also have a GXM30 but can't get XM through the Scala even when using the hardwire between it and the GPS.

I also have an electronic hum and think I know that it takes a ground loop isolator, where does that go and where would I get one?

Any ideas appreciated.

I think it works on a principle known as magic. At least that is my understanding.

Just kidding, it has bluetooth and pairs with the phone, I can hear the MP3 player over the bluetooth (but not in stereo) the XM however does not play if I have the bluetooth paired, even with a wire.

Toad,
I have a 2820. Didn't know a thing about it until I googled it. Got tons of info even tho it's "obsolete". Try that, might help. :)
Rubber down
Rich

Rich,

Thanks, I did and it leads me to believe what I want to do isn't possible. Nice avatar, 25th now or a vet?

Harry

Toad,
I have a 2820. Didn't know a thing about it until I googled it. Got tons of info even tho it's "obsolete". Try that, might help. :)
Rubber down
Rich

Im telling you the Garmin StreetPilot 2730 DOES NOT have Bluetooth capability.

I know this!

So I think what you're saying is the GPS works fine paired with the headset until you try to use the built-in XM radio? Do you hear GPS directions OK when paired? How about the media player? If you plug in a pair of headphones to the HPS, does the XM then work fine?

Harry, are you sure that it's a 2720? A 2720 is identical to the 2730, except it doesn't have XM capability. Neither one has Bluetooth. Either you have something else (like a Zumo), or you have some sort of device that allows Bluetooth for the 27 series of Garmin GPS? If that's the case, please let me know. I've got two friends with the 2730 models that would love to have the Bluetooth option.

Ted- The Scala Rider I have has been modified to accept headphones so I can use my Etymotics. By HPS I assume you mean the jack on the GPS, the answer is I hear the GPS and the media player by Bluetooth, but no XM.

Others, my mistake I have a 2820. Sorry for the confusion.

Others, my mistake too... I had 2720 stuck in the brain, even after you said 2820. :banghead Hope you get it resolved, Harryt11.

Back