• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Broken Broken Wrist Wire to Gloves...

grafikfeat

...looking at the wire is there a way to determine which is pos/neg?
Mine is clearly broken and hate to lose time by sending it off to Gerbing.

I'm very Electrically challenged.

The easiest way is with a volt-ohm meter. Before there is a panic, they are really easy to use. If you don't have one and think this might be the time, you can check Radio Shack. Try for catalog # 22-813. I have a bunch of real nice meters and for quick and easy usage I grab that one first. Once you get one while it will be fairly self-explanatory, try it on a known item such as the battery in your car so you will know what to expect. You'll be fine. HTH Gary

If you're only dealing with the wires at one wrist that feed one glove, it doesn't matter: polarity is unimportant in any single electrical load in these circuits.

They (Gerbings) are located in Tumwater. Try giving them a call and you may be able to ride/drive down and have the glove repaired while you wait.

I have had a glove (they replaced the power wires on both gloves) and liner repaired while I had lunch in the local area.

If it's the pigtail on the glove itself - the glove couldn't care less about polarity, it's a resistive load, and they are just as happy with AC/DC/CD.. (just kidding a bit..)

If you can wire it back together it will work.

If you're only dealing with the wires at one wrist that feed one glove, it doesn't matter: polarity is unimportant in any single electrical load in these circuits.

If it's the pigtail on the glove itself - the glove couldn't care less about polarity, it's a resistive load, and they are just as happy with AC/DC/CD.. (just kidding a bit..)

If you can wire it back together it will work.

It's the pigtail coming out of the sleeve.

That was my consensus.
Going in and out of the glove it should matter on the direction.
I was going to just splice and try to see if they warmed up.

My thanks to everyone taking the time to reply.
I did search the board(s) and really never saw an answer leading me to believe it prolly is a non-issue.
Again my thanks all!

They (Gerbings) are located in Tumwater. Try giving them a call and you may be able to ride/drive down and have the glove repaired while you wait.

I have had a glove (they replaced the power wires on both gloves) and liner repaired while I had lunch in the local area.

Oh... I did think of that... But impossible for me during the week...
Gold Bar is a days ride from anywhere. (tongue in cheek)

Back