• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Can I delete a posting I made

WalterK75

I tried using the edit feature, but didn't see anything that allowed me to delete the posting. What do I do?

When you select the Edit button, one of the other buttons at the lower right is to delete. Also, it would be good to add a short reason for the delete.

I tried using the edit feature, but didn't see anything that allowed me to delete the posting. What do I do?

Hi Walter, Generally speaking-If you start a thread you won't be able to delete it yourself. If it's a post in a thread that's already up and running you should be able to delete with the remaining info showing that you did the delete. The choices should be available to you with the use of the edit button. If you want to delete something you can always contact one of the moderators by clicking the view forum leaders at the bottom of the main page. The other way is to use the report this post Icon in the box under your forum name. This would be the Blue box with the exclamation ( ! ) in it and that will alert the moderator team. Just type in your request and we will take it from there. Hope this helps, Gary

"Policy" is - if you start a thread, you can request (press the "!" button) that the thread go away - a moderator will delete it. As far as deleting an individual posting in a thread - a user can't do this, a moderator can, but AFAIK, we have no real policy on that.

If you've posted something completely offensive, or wrong - it wouldn't hurt to report your own post and ask that it be deleted - chances are good the moderator who looks at it will agree it doesn't belong, and will make it go away.

"Policy" is - if you start a thread, you can request (press the "!" button) that the thread go away - a moderator will delete it. As far as deleting an individual posting in a thread - a I think a user can't do this, a moderator can, but AFAIK, we have no real policy on that.

If you've posted something completely offensive, or wrong - it wouldn't hurt to report your own post and ask that it be deleted - chances are good the moderator who looks at it will agree it doesn't belong, and will make it go away.

As far as deleting an individual posting in a thread - a I think a user can't do this, a moderator can, but AFAIK, we have no real policy on that.

I've seen individual user do this to their own posts all the time. I'm talking posts, not threads.

Back