• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Glarus 2011

manicmechanic

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW
Greetings, all! Announcing the annual New Glarus Get-together for 2011, scheduled for January 28, 29, 30. As per past gatherings, we will again be at the Chalet Landhaus, 801 HWY 69, New Glarus, WI Check them out on the web, or make reservations at 1-800-944-1716. Again will we gather in the lobby around the fireplace for socializing and camaraderie. On Friday and Saturday evenings we will saunter up the road a bit to the Hotel New Glarus for dinner and POLKA!

On Saturday after breakfast will be the time to explore the local attractions (breweries, wineries, cheeseries, and the International Mustard Museum in Middleton). Bring a good attitude and maybe some snacks to share. Also available will be the pool and hot tub at the Chalet.

Seeing as it will be the season of poor riding, alternate forms of transportation will be anticipated and excused. Let me know if you are planning on making it this year. This weekend was chosen so as to not interfere with board meetings or other events.

As you know, I was washed out on last years event. This years date is blocked out on my schedule and I have every intent to make the trip. I hope all the rest of our friends can make it as well. See you there.

I would like to see more than 4 people there this time, but I could go. Not that we did not have fun, but more people increases the fun and stories.

The place is nice and I will check my work schedule. The wife needs a weekend away, with me.:brow

I need a weekend with MY wife!!!

This whole work thing is seriously cutting into my time with my lovely Bride!!

IN!!!! One way or another.....

So far, based on replies that sound like commitments,

Randy
Jeff & Mary
Jim & Lisa
Bill & Laura
Bear & Cass
Roy
Steve & ?

I have spoken with a couple folks who live in the area who won't be staying at the Chalet, but will hang out with us and do the dinner thing. I already have made reservations and am going regardless. Any other brave souls? C'mon, pull the trigger!

Hey all,

It is extremely likely that I will attend for my "return to New Glarus." No conflicts this year. There is a chance that the wife will attend but that will be determined at a later date. See ya'all there. :wave

tb

Great! Looks like a party, eh!

Speaking of party, I was informed today that we have been invited to a birthday party on Saturday, by somebody who was there last year. Bert's wife, Laurel, will be celebrating, and we have been invited to share lasagna for dinner.

Last edited:
Well, that is during school, but luckily, I have no class.
In!
:ha
I also look forward to seeing Mr Hefty.(no, not the garbage bag!)

Back