• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Knobbies

Have you ever mounted knobbies on your GS?

• Yes all the time, have two sets of wheels too

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Once in a while

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • Only the set it came with

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Never

Votes: 13 31.0%

• Total voters
Miles

How many miles did you do on the rough roads?

:edit

Sweet photo.

We did 'roughly' - 2500 miles on dirt, mud, gravel, ice, snow and potholes large enough to swallow a KIA. Loved it.

P6010327-1.jpg

Pic taken on the Dalton.

Another F650GS owner that runs knobbies all the time. My front TKC is being replaced with almost 8K on it and some serious off road use.

I replaced the rear, before a trip, with a Michelin T63. The Michelin's a fantastic tire but very, very loud on pavement. Now at around 3K, it seems to be wearing well.
-K

A set of TKC's and a set of Anakee's...that's all. Switch them for rides that are more than 2 days long. Takes 'bout 2 hours for a switch.

Yes, to TKC's

1) on the GSPD, because YOU convinved me to try a set.

2) On the GSA because i was going to do the Trans-Lab this summer... almost 5k miles on the bike, and not quite worn out! :nyah

No tire change yet

For me, either. I have about 4800 miles on my F650GS twin and am thinking about the next set. . . I am pretty sure I won't go with the stock Bridgestone tire.

i ran TKC front and rear on both my 03 F650GS (Dalton) and my 09 F800GS (Trans-Lab). got about 5K miles on them.

Back