• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Ultra 2 Jacket??

J

JOECUBANA

Ok gang...
Time to start looking for a jacket now. Been doing some research and THINK I have it down to three......'Stitch, Belstaff Discovery, or the Motoport Ultra 2.

I have read the threads about the Belstaff and know about the 'Stitch. Anyone had any experience with the Ultra 2??

I may head to the Ohio super show and see what's around next weekend but would like to hear some real world experiences.

THanks

Joe

I have had an ultra 2 cordura since 96. Its built to last, heavier than a 500D cordura jacket, like a suit of armor no kidding. I bet their kevlar is even better-more stretchy. Their air mesh kevlar is supposed to cover all of the bases with a zip out liner. You should check out the portion of their site about the different strengths of apparel fabrics. They have chest armor in their jackets too! Ive got a ultra 2 suit coming in the mail soon, cant wait to try it on. Their stuff is top notch build quality, however you may wait a bit on production times. some people have had bad experiences with their cust service, I have not so far. They also do repairs if you take a spill. I think Stitch is cool but in Humid Michigan summers my blood is too thick for a laminate outfit like that. I sweat in the Ultra 2 but once you move, the air flows right through it. still pretty warm in the cold without the liner as well.

Attachments

• 633Pm22C_ColorImageA_a003_3.jpg
    633Pm22C_ColorImageA_a003_3.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
Back