Thread: Dual sport tires

aclighthall

Question Dual sport tires

Anyone have any experience with the Michelin Anakee tires on their GS? I have worn out a set of Metzler Tourance and a set of Dunlop dual sport tires; fairly satisfied with both but am thinking of trying something new.

Quote Originally Posted by aclighthall
    Anyone have any experience with the Michelin Anakee tires on their GS? I have worn out a set of Metzler Tourance and a set of Dunlop dual sport tires; fairly satisfied with both but am thinking of trying something new.
    What "mix" of riding do you do? percent highway/ unpaved backroads / off road ?

I like my Avon Distanzias for most of my GS riding which is more secondary highway and unpaved backroads. Not too much off road. I Have had good mileage and grip from these "tyres" under these conditions..

I had Anakees on my GS and I thought they were pretty terrific. Riding like a complete lunatic, I got 4500 out of the rears and 9K out of the front before I got rid of them.

I could get way out to the edge of the tire and they felt fine and were sticky.

FWIW, I switched to Tourances this time, just to see what they're like.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

I currently have a set of Tourances on my scoot. I have already decided that my next set will be Anakees just to see what they are like.

dlearl476
    Granted the GS is a different Animal than the F650, but most people like them a lot on the Fs. I have a pair waiting in the garage to replace the Conti TKC-80s I've got mounted now. Just can't seem to wear the knobs of the dang things! Previous set was Michelin T-66s (which the Anakees replaced, btw.) which I LOVED.

Quote Originally Posted by aclighthall
    I ride a R1150GS
    The Anakees stick in the twisties much better than Tourances but you will burn them up faster (6-7000k). Offroad I've never had any significant input difference.

Right now I have Tourances because they last longer (9000k or more) but they definitely don't handle like the Anakees. In fact the last two sets have felt less stable in turning.
    I might go back to Bridgestone Trailwings just to compare that tarmac stability.
    Bluwing