• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Looking for a new jacket at least...

Much depends on you and where you ride.

I ride a nekked R75 and need to do a fair amount of city riding. I'm also very humidity sensitive. I wear a mesh Hein Gerick top with First Gear mesh over-pants or pants. With the zip-in liners, and an electric vest, I can get down to the '40s and still be comfortable.

I find my leather jacket is just too hot until it drops into the low '60s unless I'm riding out of town w/o traffic.

Hippo hands are a great addition for cold weather riding, allowing me to wear lighter gloves

Just got back into riding this year with an RT.Bike shields me well so I picked up a used Olympia mesh jacket (I think it may have been the 1st Airglide).Love the jacket except it is BLACK,and here in MO.it gets hot and very humid.Every time I stopped I was being cooked.
Decided I was going to break down and get the Airglide 3 in high vis.
Couple weeks ago I went to the Falling Leaf Rally.Gateway BMW had a tent with some sales going on.WHAT a sale,I picked up a Olympia Bushwacker jacket for 160.00 out the door...er tent in high vis.What a diff. that light color made in the sun,not to mention the cagers putting on there sun glasses when I went by.
If U can wait,check out the Rallies,U can find some great deals.:deal

This is my favourite jacket of all time, including about eight years with an Aerostich Darien.

The only fault is it's too warm above the low eighties, but I use a mesh jacket for that.

BMW "New City":

enlargebmwnewcityjacket.jpg

For touring I have textile jackets from Olympia & Tour Master. Both have zip in/out liners for rain and cool weather. In hot/humid weather I use a BMW mesh jacket (no liner) or a Mossi Mesh jacket. To keep from dehydrating a 70oz capacity Camel Back is used. I fill the Camel Back with ice cubes and then add water, even in the hottest weather I have cold water to sip. The newer "wicking" clothing (Under Armor / LD Comfort / Bodz / and others) help me cope with both heat and cold. I have yet to try mesh pants as I use Draggin or Diamond Gusset jeans in summer and winter. I have given away several leather and mesh jackets that for one reason or another did not meet my needs. Ride Safe :usa :usa

Back