Thread: oil filter crossover number K1200 s

oil filter crossover number K1200 s

I was wondering if anyone had any crossover number for oil filter or any other parts. Thanks Woody

Mann makes the filters for BMW - you may want to check there
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

Rally Rat
    HIFLO Filtro HF164

GREGFUESS

K&N Filters

makes something for the K1200S. costs the same as the BMW filter. It is easier to install and remove, as it has a nut welded to the bottom of the filter. If you do not have a $100 BMW oil filter already, the K&N would be worth considering for this feature alone.

The $15 oil filter wrenches do not fit the wedge K1200S. Only the authentic BMW wrench, which is priced at $100 will fit. Since I already have the wrench before realizing that K&N only needed a socket wrench, I stick with the BMW filters.

Quote Originally Posted by gregfuess View Post
    The $15 oil filter wrenches do not fit the wedge K1200S. Only the authentic BMW wrench, which is priced at $100 will fit. Since I already have the wrench before realizing that K&N only needed a socket wrench, I stick with the BMW filters.
    this oil filter set of pliers works great on Wedge engines.Available in most auto parts tools section

see post 7 ...I couldn't attach the pic a second time

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=43776
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

GREGFUESS
    That's a pretty sweet wrench, wish I had checked here before getting the BMW wrench.

oil filter crossover number

Hi; you can use a rubber strap wrench to remove filter. I ALSO HAVE AN FILTER RING FOR MY HONDA THAT i WILL SEE IF IT WORKS, IT HAS A 3/8 DRIVE SQUARE HOLE FOR A EXTENTION ON IT. WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR IS A NAPA, PURALATOR, FRAM OR OTHER POPULAR FILTER CROSSOVER NUMBER FOR THE OIL FILTER . THANKS WOODY

Have not seen an option other that Mann or the Mann labeled BMW for the shorty filter. There are lots for Oilheads . John mentions one in post #3...HIFLO Filtro HF164 , I have no info on it

Maybe a friend could send you some over from the mainland? BeemerBoneyard has decent prices, we buy in bulk!
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

AC/Delco: PF-53
    Motorcraft: FL-793
    WIX: 51348
    Fram: PH-6063 or 3614
    NAPA Gold: 1348
    Purolator Gold: L10241--
    K&N: 164 (yes, the make a super duty oil filter that fits it), $11 bucks at Advance Auto)
    SYNLUBE: FNS
    '91 K75S, '06 K1200S
    BMWMOA #119240
    YB # 1463
    NRA #154764753