• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

contacting BMW/complaint about a dealer

nytrashman

i have had two bad experiences with the same BMW dealer, is there a way i can contact BMW NA directly to let them know of my dissatisfaction or am i just wasting my time?

Make up some obnoxious signage and set up in front of the dealership in question after calling up the TV and Newspaper folks. Do it on a week day and phone BMW NA to tip them off to the demonstration. Be sure of what you claim. Do not fabricate any falsehoods.

or am i just wasting my time?

Yeah, that.

Even if your complaint to BMW NA generates a phone call to the dealership by them (highly doubtful), it will have the same effect as Hillary Clinton scolding North Korea for continuing with their nuclear program.

If you're not satisfied with a particular dealership, you really have only two options; travel to another dealership or put up with them.

Yeah, that.

Even if your complaint to BMW NA generates a phone call to the dealership by them (highly doubtful), it will have the same effect as Hillary Clinton scolding North Korea for continuing with their nuclear program.

If you're not satisfied with a particular dealership, you really have only two options; travel to another dealership or put up with them.

What Trooper Steve says may turn out to be true, and sad if it does.

But I once did submit a complaint over the BMW internet link about how my dealership did not resolve something to my satisfaction - and lo and behold, my phone was ringing three days later - dealer calling me up, wanting to know what they could do to make things right!

Give it a try. :german

CustomerService@bmwmotorcycles.com.

this may not be completely true.

whenever i take my bike to a BMW dealer for service (which is exceedingly rare, even though i love my dealer but i am cheap) i get a call not long afterwards from a customer satisfaction survey firm. You are asked to rank the experience from 1 (crappy) to 5 (exceeded my expectations).

if the ranking is anything less than 5 the dealer not only gets a nastygram from BMW but also gets financial penalties applied (i am not sure of the specifics here, but it may have to do with floorplanning interest rates or allotments... something like that).

i don't know if the same thing happens when someone complains to customer service or not.

i just feel sorry for the poor dealer getting forced to ask me "did i exceed your expectations?" well, hmmmm... i guess, you fixed my bike and didn't drop it off the workstand. but it still doesn't ride like a magic unicorn... :dunno

(they also whisper that they need 5s on the survey or their life is hell....)

ian

Air it out here

:thumb

Please post your issue here this is the best place to hit them where you have a captive concerned group who has an interest.

:dance

Know your target and aim to hit the corrrect mark :thumb

If the e-mail link I suggested earlier brings no satisfaction, try this for a more direct approach:

BMW Motorcycles
P.O. Box 1227
Westwood, NJ 07675-1227

Main phone number is 1-(201) 307-4000

The FAX number is 1-(201) 307-4095

Good Luck! :german

I think that there still is a Consumer Liaison but haven't really heard much about it since Rob Lentini died. He was effective in that, as in everything else he ever did.

Jim Wright is the Consumer Liaison. His email: wrightjkwright@gmail.com Complete contact info is on page 8 of the October Owners News. Jim succeeds Paul Johnson (who did a fine job) who stepped into the position after Rob Lentini.

this may not be completely true.

whenever i take my bike to a BMW dealer for service (which is exceedingly rare, even though i love my dealer but i am cheap) i get a call not long afterwards from a customer satisfaction survey firm. You are asked to rank the experience from 1 (crappy) to 5 (exceeded my expectations).

if the ranking is anything less than 5 the dealer not only gets a nastygram from BMW but also gets financial penalties applied (i am not sure of the specifics here, but it may have to do with floorplanning interest rates or allotments... something like that).

i don't know if the same thing happens when someone complains to customer service or not.

i just feel sorry for the poor dealer getting forced to ask me "did i exceed your expectations?" well, hmmmm... i guess, you fixed my bike and didn't drop it off the workstand. but it still doesn't ride like a magic unicorn... :dunno

(they also whisper that they need 5s on the survey or their life is hell....)

ian

Same experience here. You can always go thru the BBB in your area.

after speaking to BMW NA about this dealership my bike was repaired within a 1 1/2 days of the phone call, and i am waiting for it to be returned to me as i type this. i am debating posting the 3 experiences i have had with this dealership here for all to see, but suffice it to say not one was pleasant. looks like it is time to start using a different dealer, unfortunately the next closest dealership is over 2hrs away.

after speaking to BMW NA about this dealership my bike was repaired within a 1 1/2 days of the phone call, and i am waiting for it to be returned to me as i type this. i am debating posting the 3 experiences i have had with this dealership here for all to see, but suffice it to say not one was pleasant. looks like it is time to start using a different dealer, unfortunately the next closest dealership is over 2hrs away.

So did talking to BMW result in BMW talking to the dealer which resulted in the dealer doing something they otherwise were not going to do? Or in fewer words - did calling BMW get results?

Call me old fashioned. Has the OP contacted the BMW dealership owner already and expressed his concerns?

If someone has a complaint with one of my programs, I appreciate it when they contact me before going over my head and give me a chance to correct matters, if necessary.

yes i did in fact speak to the owner of the dealership via e-mail several days ago, his final response was he would look into the things and get right back to me. have not heard a word from him since.

to answer the question of if speaking to BMW NA helped, all i can say is after they contacted the service manager at the dealership she had my bike worked on and done within a day and half, where the service writer who i had dealt with up to that point was working on seven days with only a valve check being done.

if anyone would like to read all the troubles i have had with the dealership PM me your e-mail address and i will send you a word doc describing the three events in question.

Anna,
yes i got my bike back this afternoon, and of course were expecting over 2 inches of rain and 40-50 mph winds tonight and tomorrow and i sprained my right wrist at work today, but i will be riding the bike to work tomorrow.

Last edited:

Third option: Learn to do your own wrenching. Find a friend to teach you. You will have some "learning experiences" (even some that cost you a few $$) but you will be more appreciative of your motorcycle. And yes: This stuff is not rocket science, it can be learned like any other skill. And, it can be fun.

Back