• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Fiamm horns

dbrick

rabid reader
The new-to-me R1200R has a wimpy horn. I have a pair of Fiamms on the RS that work very well. I see two different series of Fiamms now available:

72002 (high)/72012 (low)

and

72102(high)/72112 (low).

They look like the same physical size. The latter series is called "Freeway Blaster," and the specs given at Amazon show a bit more sound.

Anyone have any specific information about or experience with these products?

Last edited:
I haven't actually bought a Fiam horn for years, but I've never seen a bad Fiam product. I've seen some cheap knockoffs from across the sea (the other sea) that look like Fiams but don't work like Fiams, but I've not seen a bad Fiam product.

O'reilly Auto parts will get you either one & they are loud enough. You will need to splice the wire ends and some heat shrink connections will improve the job.

eBAy Fiamm Horns

The name Fiamm draws a lot of bids on eBay but here is a secret. Do not tell anyone. Volvo and Saab car horns are Fiamm but if the seller just lists them as Volvo or Saab, bidders looking for the Fiamm name miss these postings.

Back