• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Official Press Material - K1600GT and 1600GTL

Think the GT shown on the NA site is white in order to catch the eye of the authority types?

Hope they tweaked with the final drive.

Easy :german

Think the GT shown on the NA site is white in order to catch the eye of the authority types?

Hope they tweaked with the final drive.

Easy :german

Hope so too.

Problem is: we'll never know - at least not officially. Time and some mechanical snooping will tell.

Sort of like the "Surging.....what surging? Nein, Nein!"

Then in '05, BMW goes to twin-spark ignition on the R1200's to eliminate pre-combustion and guess what? The surging they never admitted to... went away!

If they ever solve the FD issue, it will come quietly in the night - certainly not with fanfare in a press release.

Nevertheless, anxious to see these models at the IMS or in a showroom soon. :german

From Europe I hear a starting price of Euro 21,000.-
That's not really relevant, however, considering that the SV1000RR is signficantly less expensive in the U.S. than in Germany, for example.
My guess is, that the K1600GT will start at around $24,000.- and the GTL at around $27,000.-. All loaded up, the GTL will probably reach or slightly exceed $30,000.-, while the GT will top out a bit below $28,000.-

K1600gt

What a monster. I don't mind the general lines and technology. But the dash looks like out of a LEGO box, ugly as sin.

I'll stick with the GS.

Pricing hasnÔÇÖtÔÇÖ been announced on either model, but BMW says that they will begin arriving in dealerships in the U.S. during the spring of 2011. BMW dealers will begin taking orders for the new bikes in January through a pre-sales campaign which allows buyers to ÔÇ£reserveÔÇØ their machine so they can ride it home as soon as it hits the dealership.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/616/8124/Motorcycle-Article/BMW-K1600GT-Reveal-at-Jay-Leno-Garage.aspx

Anybody heard different?

how much?

i might consider it at $22.0k.

Attachments

• 4831151534_9b8a5762be_z.jpg
    4831151534_9b8a5762be_z.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 156
Back