• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

tank badges

You can get them at any BMW Dealer for your bike but if you want them to stand out and last longer get the emblem from a BMW Cruiser R1200C.

They are the same size but have a 3D effect and look great!
Down side they cost more.

I got a beautiful set of 3D cast roundels for my RT from Bob's BMW. I ordered from an older catalog so ended up paying more than I had wished, but am sure glad I did.
They really have a classic look. I think they ended up being around $30 each. But they sure look great. And, hey, my 30 year old Boxer has earned a sprucing up....

Badges

GOT MY REPLACEMENTS AT THE LOCAL BMW CAR DEALER. THEY ARE THE 3D ISH KIND AND LOOK BEAUTIFUL WITH A NEW PAINT JOB. AND INEXPENSIVE WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE. JUST SAYIN......... SORRY FOR THE CAPS, I'M NOT YELLING!:blah

Those 3D plastic badges are OK if you like em but they aren't correct for an Airhead.

Try San Jose BMW and get the real cloisonn?® ones. They aren't that expensive, they'll last forever and they look great!

Those 3D plastic badges are OK if you like em but they aren't correct for an Airhead.

Try San Jose BMW and get the real cloisonn?® ones. They aren't that expensive, they'll last forever and they look great!
Uh, the ones I purchased ARE metal and painted. Not sure about their application on the cars. I got a couple of the small roundels (metal) that go on the hub caps for my helmet that are convex and fit over rounded surfaces quite nicely. Not talking about the raised plastic you might be talking about. They are stamped metal and they have different sizes. I think on my RS in all three positions were the 3 ". Just sayin. See what the bike dealer has and compare. Price is less at the car dealer.

I put on the roundels that came from the factory.

Call me boring. :ha

I don't consider that boring at all. I think everyone has their own ideas about what is right and that's cool. If I was a total purist, and going for the most original award on my overhaul last winter, I certainly would go to the factory for those. With my new paint, I thought the badges just added some pop to the whole thing.

Back