• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tourance 2 Jacket

fastdogs2

My dealer, Capitol BMW in Raleigh, has a 20% discount on BMW clothing, so I purchased the Tourance 2 jacket to use as a winter jacket. I had such a good experience with the BMW Airshell Jacket for summer use, that I decided to purchase a winter jacket made by BMW.

The Tourance 2 Jacket lists at $449 and with the discount, that made it $359. That seemed to be a reasonable price, at least for BMW gear, so I made the purchase.

I told the owner that I appreciated him offering the 20% discount. I try to support my local dealer, with service, accessories and clothing purchases, so they will continue to stay in business.

I have owned other riding gear from First Gear, Olympia and Joe Rocket, but the BMW gear, although more expensive, seems to be a very high quality product. If the price is comparable, I will buy the BMW brand.

It's still too hot in NC to test the jacket, but I will post a review when I get some cold weather riding experience with it.

quote-
'It's still too hot in NC to test the jacket, but I will post a review when I get some cold weather riding experience with it. '

Or come on up to the northeast and experience some nice foliage or Colors in the Catskills!

Color in the Catskills

Enfoman,

I wish I could, but I only have one vacation day left. I used 9 days of vacation riding for 2,700 miles in WV, OH and NY in July.

Most of my riding the rest of this year is going to be on weekends.

By the way, my first BMW was a 2000 R1200C, Montana version.

I wish I still had it.

Bill

I bought one of these jackets new last year and wore in some very cold weather over the winter. It is a very warm jacket and I never felt cold wearing it. However, I ended up selling it this year because its unisex sizing and I just couldn't get along. The XL size was too big and the L size, which is the one I bought, was a little too snug. I lived with it for that first winter and it kept me plenty warm, but I just could take the tightness, especially when the liner was zipped in. My one real complaint with the jacket is that its main zipper tab is plastic junk. The tab on mine snapped in two shortly after I bought mine.

Overall, it's a great jacket, especially considering its very reasonable price. It's warm, waterproof, and has plenty of pockets. If you can find one that fits you, it's well worth owning. I wish mine had fit me better.

Steve,

I bought the XL size jacket, even though I am 5'8" and 180 lbs. My chest size is 43," waist is 36." Not exactly what you would call a XL size.

The L with the liner in place was too small for me, just like it was with the BMW Airshell jacket. I had to buy a XL in that jacket also.

I don't think it is so much Unisex sizing, but the fact that Germans like to wear "skin tight" clothing, while most of us Americans prefer a looser, more comfortable fit.

I had some German relatives visiting me in mid-August and the mother and daughter bought clothes that I thought they should have gone up one size. My cousin's husband did not travel with them, so I was a "stand in" model for jeans for him, because I am about his size. I modelled the Relaxed Fit, which I would purchase, but she thought the legs were too baggy. I tried the Classic Fit and the legs were too tight, but she thought they needed to be taken in a bit to make them even tighter.

I am ready, in case the zipper breaks. REI sells these zipper pulls, 4 for $1.25:

http://www.rei.com/product/611241

Bill

Last edited:
Back