• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

GS throttle grip - how to remove/adjust position on handlebar

Visian

look out!!!
during a recent get-off on my GS, i boinked the right-side grip pretty hard. after that my throttlemeister could no longer apply friction to the throttle.

i know there is a secret screw somewhere on that thing, but i've loosened every screw i could find and it still won't move. i can't tell where it is in this parts diagram:

B0003812.png

it may be that i need to remove something to get at it?

i need to loosen the grip, move it outward a tad so that the throttlemeister works again.

tia.

ian

#11 is the binder screw holding the whole assy to the bars. you have to get the switch half out of the way which is held by I believe two screws. I had one apart about a month ago upgrading the cables...

#11 is the binder screw holding the whole assy to the bars. you have to get the switch half out of the way which is held by I believe two screws. I had one apart about a month ago upgrading the cables...

so pull off the switch after taking off its screws? there aren't any hidden hinges or tabs or anything?

i hate it how the manual says "remove the thingamabob" but doesn't tell you that the thingamabob needs to slide over to the right a bit and then pull out, or whatever the secret trick is for any particular thingamabob.

thanks, steve.

On some there is a screw that hides behind the mirror stalk.

The mirror stalk is held on by a special fastener accessed from under the switch by throttle cable exit, an inspection mirror is your friend, 6MM I think.

Rod

no hidden tabs, the assy sometines just needs a tap to have it fall way...if it is not budging, look for the "hidden " screw Rod mentions. I get the 1100 and 1150 mixed up, we have both...they are a bit different and take diff techniques. You may have to cut a cable tie near the switch that holds the bundle to the bars.

a follow up on this. ragtoplover was right.

there is a hidden screw that holds the switchgear to the handgrip. i'll be dogged if i can find it in any of the parts fiches online.

it's a tiny phillips head that is only accessible after removing the mirror. with that removed the clamp that holds the whole grip assembly to the bar is accessible.

loosened that, slipped the whole thing out a tad and now my throttlemeister works again.

:thumb

04 GSA throttlemeister instructions

Howdy, thought this might be helpful. I am among those that sometimes get real frustrated with non-responses from vendors. While trying to adjust my Throttlemeister on a bike I purchased used, I thought maybe it easiest to contact them direction and ask for an install sheet.

Fred at Throttlemeister responded within an hour. WOW! Thanks Throttlemeister!

I've attached lest it be useful for others.

Attachments

• AB5.pdf
    136.5 KB · Views: 29
Back