• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

December ride in Texas Hill Country

H

haley

Greetings ladies. I ride a 650gs....going on 4 years now I guess. I started by commuting to work then became "bitten" by the cross country riding bug. I am planning a ride to Texas, south of Austin, north of San Antonio, near Canyon Lake. I plan to truck and trailer my bike to Arkansas then ride to Texas. The trip will be over Christmas week. I have 2 weeks off so the dates are not firm. Is anyone interested? I live in South Bend Indiana and can trailer 2 bikes.
shari

Shari, you might try posting this in the appropriate regional forum as well. Good luck and have a great ride.

Sound tempting Shari. I usually store my bike by the 1st of December though. Hope you find someone to ride with. There are more and more women on this forum so the chances are good. How about it ladies? Anyone interested?

I'm tempted . . .

but I'm not sure if I can make it. I do have a trailer to get out of town when/if we are snowed in. Keep us posted, if the ride is a go.

Austin Texas, 1975.
St. Edward's University is base.
Jump on my Yammy 125 Enduro for a hop, cruising up what is it Congress or whatever the heck the blvd that shoots up past UT.
*Whoop whoop*
Howdy Mr. Texas Highway Patrol.
No helmet.
No mirrors.

Welcome to Texas!

Stupid me but man, that was a bummer!

Still would like to make it back to Austin.

Armadillo World Headquarters! (Is it still there? Saw some great shows. Ask me about my trip down to San Antonio to see Frank Zappa or the run to Nuevo Laredo. Sick!)

Greetings ladies. I ride a 650gs....going on 4 years now I guess. I started by commuting to work then became "bitten" by the cross country riding bug. I am planning a ride to Texas, south of Austin, north of San Antonio, near Canyon Lake. I plan to truck and trailer my bike to Arkansas then ride to Texas. The trip will be over Christmas week. I have 2 weeks off so the dates are not firm. Is anyone interested? I live in South Bend Indiana and can trailer 2 bikes.
shari

If you happen to come around the Texas panhandle area, please let me know...

Back