• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Ocala SuperMoto race 1-15-05

supermoto7

KBasa said:
We're gonna wanna see some peeeectures over in Ride Reports, man. That sounds like fun.

It was cold and damp and this morning. The Track was a bit slippery and there were quite a few lowsides. Dirt section was in good shape from all the rain. I broke a fitting on the front brake. (One of the lowsides was me :D ). Since I was squirting brake fluid I could not enter the main race. All in all it was a fun day. Here are some pics. Check out the grid sheet, there are some names you might recognize. :brow

p10014086sw.jpg

p10014099vl.jpg

p10014106ax.jpg

p10014111nw.jpg

p10014129dl.jpg

p10014153in.jpg

Cliffy777 said:
hey supermoto - thanks for the post. got any action shots????

Unfortunatly no. I was the one with the camera and forgot to have someone shoot while I was on the track. :doh There were some other folks with cameras and if I can get them to send me some pics I will post up.

Nice job! Supermoto totally rocks! I think it'll spawn the next generation of American MotoGP greats, much as dirt track racing brought us the last one.

Grey Matter said:
How long have you been racing?

Not very long. I just got into it about a year ago. It's more fun than MotoCross and less wear on the body.

You never know who you will see at a race. Lots of ex-racers get into SM. Thomas Stevens was riding. He was AMA National Superbike Champion. It's fun to be out there with those fast guys, even though they make you look like you're on a bicycle. :D

Race Schedule

I would love to see some of this up close and I'm not far from central FL. Is there a schedule available for future races? Are spectators OK?

hurricane said:
I would love to see some of this up close and I'm not far from central FL. Is there a schedule available for future races? Are spectators OK?

Yes spectators OK. $5 or $10 entry fee. Gates open at 8am practice starts about 10:00am, Races about 1:00pm

December 4th, 2004
January 15th, 2005
February 5th, 2005
March 5th, 2005

Ocala GP
4121 NW 44th Ave, Ocala, Florida, 34486

you folks are wild - thanks for the pics. can't imagine the fun of riding from street to dirt and back again. cool.

Back