• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Help with 5-day trailer storage/parking in Maine ?

C

chrish@bjen.com

We will be doing a ride in Acadia and White Mountains from 10/10 to 10/15. Our plan is to put two bikes on my Kendon Dual-bike Standup trailer. We're considering staying around Brunswick, ME for the night of the 10th and leave the trailer there. My friend's wife will drive the SUV and we will the the Bikes.We'll return to the trailer drop-off point on the 15th to hook it up and put the bikes on. I've asked several hotels around Brunswick and still been waiting for a "YES".

Here is the thread about our planned ride http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=615882&page=3

Someone around that area or along I95 north of Boston can help with the trailer would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Chris

I have found motorcycle dealerships helpful in letting you park, also have used truck repair spots, as most have large lots. Showing up with a gift certificate to a local diner, or a case of beer is my usual payment/thank you.

Never tried a wally world, I know a lot of them let campers park overnight, asking the manager might get an OK, for that matter that late in the year most campgrounds are deserted and might let you park as well.

trailer spot

i live in southern nh, your more than welcome to park your trailer in the yard

Eric

I live in north central Vermont, five minutes from Smugglers' Notch. Plenty of room to park here as well though the last quarter mile is a steep dirt road that some purely street bikes have trouble with.

I live in north central Vermont, five minutes from Smugglers' Notch. Plenty of room to park here as well though the last quarter mile is a steep dirt road that some purely street bikes have trouble with.

Ah ha! One of those load and unload down at the flat road/street spots, huh? :)

Ah ha! One of those load and unload down at the flat road/street spots, huh? :)

Or use the excavator and nylon webbing to lift the bike onto and off of the trailer! God, how I love internal combustion! :D

The bikes that seem to have trouble are the big touring bikes with traction control. There's something about a 28 degree slope and gravel they don't seem to like.

Back to the OP: the ride from here to Maine is really nice

Back