• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Random mumblings around the fire.

H

HODAG

feel free to post your observations and opinions. no real theme, can be about bikes or what you had for lunch

why do k-bike values drop so fast? seems like the brick rs and gt market is pretty sweet right now.

Wow- your loyalty is to be greatly admired, must have been a lot of like involved but I think you've answered your own question. I would think that after five years if you're not still or have never been completely smitten by you're current ride you'd allow yourself to consider something that could bring that initial excitement back. We are talking cycles here- right?
Michael

And on the other side of that conundrum, when should I move on from the bike I know and love to the newer shinier one I lust after.

I saw a bunch of Slash 5's this weekend.

Now I miss my old one, and want another one.

Wow- your loyalty is to be greatly admired, must have been a lot of like involved but I think you've answered your own question. I would think that after five years if you're not still or have never been completely smitten by you're current ride you'd allow yourself to consider something that could bring that initial excitement back. We are talking cycles here- right?
Michael

Mostly talking bikes...:brow

Hey all; Thinking along the same lines. Short story: R90 breaks down, stat to address the problem. Acquire an R1100 RT in the mean time. Spend entire months of July and August riding the 1100. Now with fall approaching, I find myself lacking in enthusiasm to continue the repairs on the R90. This bike carries me faithfully around the eastern half of this country for over five years, never leaving my stranded, even when she was "hurt", always getting me home... Now, I look at her setting beside her younger sibling and just can't get excited about it. Fickle or what? Maybe it's time to say good by? maybe it's time for me to grow up and realize that I owe the old bike something for over 40 thousand miles of faithful service? Decisions, decisions... Vaya con Dos, Dutch

you know you can buy day old bread loaves for $.50 at jimmy jons?

I could use some soft cheese spread
to lazy to make my own
might make a bread pudding however

Back