• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Schuberth Helmets

Back to the topic at hand. I'm giving a really BIG thumbs up to Schuberth USA.

My C2 started exhibiting sun-visor disconnect (it no longer when up/down with the lever on the side of the helmet.) I'd heard that Schuberth had been fixing and generally refurb'ing helmets at rallies the new US branch of the company attended.

I sent an email asking how I could get the visor problem fixed - and the reply was "Send it to us.." I asked how much, and the reply was "Free.."

So I did - and it was free, plus they put a new inner liner in, a new faceshield, cleaned up a few things and returned it - no charge.

A company that stands behind their product that well - and offers a quality (even if expensive) product is rare - but I can say Schuberth does.

A big :thumb up for Schuberth USA. And my next helmet will again be another Schuberth (my C2 is my 4th..)

When I went to daytona I tried one and was surprised that I take a large instead of the xl I usually wear. The fit and comfort were excellent and it felt like I had my earplugs in. I'll be getting one soon. I just wish they had better colors. I wanted white but its such a plain white. Immagine a plain white piece of plastic, that's it. If they could copy the womans pearl white it would be perfect. I'll probably get the silver as a result. Quality is excellent and the warranty is superb. Within the first 3 years they will replace your helmet for 1/3rd of the price if its damaged in an accident.
I'm going to stay with my scala g4 since all I need is the cradle with wired mic and I can move it between my helmets. Its also easier to work the buttons on the external unit vs trying to find a button on a neck roll with gloves.

Be advised that if you go outside the USA to purchase a helmet Schuberth will not offer any assistance what-so-ever.

Unfortunate, because they were unavailable prior to their return to the US.

Not sure why they refuse to stand behind a product, except for obvious liability reasons, no matter where it was purchased during their absence. Also wonder why the premium as a US purchase compared to what is offered in Europe.

Schuberth C-3

I purchased a Schuberth C3 from JC Motors in California a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't be happier with my purchase or the service from this company. I have used the C-2 over the last several years and was on the fence about spending the money on the C-3, but I can tell you that the changes in the C-3 make it worth the investment. The 5 year warranty and replacement program for US bought helmets made it a little easier to swallow the price as well. I read Rob Nye's article and would say that he's done a good job of pointing out the features on this helmet so I won't repeat this information here. A word to the wise for those considering ordering over the internet, use their sizing chart and measure your head before you order. I was an XL in the C-2 and I'm a L in the C-3. The C-3 is a great helmet IMHO.

Don

First,

I apologize for inadvertantly hijacking the thread for a bit but THANKS to B1Pilot and all for the info on i-tunes/mp3!

We tried the C3 and the C3W at Sierra when the lovely US rep was there with her C3W. They are definately a spring purchase for us. The fit and the quiet are remarkable compared the the C2 version we have had since '06.

Again, thanks to all for the info, advice, and insight!

Stan Moore
09RT
Lake Tahoe

Be advised that if you go outside the USA to purchase a helmet Schuberth will not offer any assistance what-so-ever.
Not really a surprise.. BMW will do the same thing if you import a car on your own to the US, BMW-NA will not offer assistance or honor the warranty. (Note this doesn't apply for Euro-Delivery cars ordered in the US..)
Unfortunate, because they were unavailable prior to their return to the US.
True - but the service situation hasn't changed for those people who ordered and imported them by themselves. FWIW - Schuberth in Germany WILL stand behind those helmets, if you ship the helmet to them (at least they did for several friends who were in that position.) The buyers saved money buying the helmets - the "savings" may cost them money in the long run, that's the gamble they took. I can't recall anyone twisting their arms to buy the helmets from Europe (or Canada).
Not sure why they refuse to stand behind a product, except for obvious liability reasons, no matter where it was purchased during their absence. Also wonder why the premium as a US purchase compared to what is offered in Europe.
The liability is probably the biggest reason. I understand (grapevine stuff) that the design was very slightly modified to meet the DOT requirements from the ones sold in Europe. If the US based company then serviced the helmets meeting the Euro (not DOT) specs they leave themselves open to liability for a product that was never intended nor approved to be sold in the US.

I can't imagine any company doing that - and I know the same situation arises if you buy "gray-market" goods such as electronics, cameras, etc.

As far as the premium price - can we say Product Liability Insurance? I'll bet thats a good part of the difference in price. The US supports more attorneys per person then any other country in the world - and that costs us every day. BMW stopped importing the "System" helmets into the US for that exact reason - it wasn't economically feasible when they factored in the liability costs.

Back