• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

From the sand of Iraq to the Bluegrass of Kentucky

Give a shout Casey, I've got a General Contractors License, we'll go do some remodeling! LOL

You will enjoy riding back at home , but don't rush it. I am sure there are a lot of friends and relations that want to see you too. Just remember to be careful when riding here.
I got into an accident the first week from coming home from Viet Nam a million years ago. No real damage except to my ego.

+1 to this one... Since you have already been back from one prior deployment you know what a rush it is to be back in the states, surrounded by all your friends, family, and freedoms you fought hard to protect... just be very careful on that new bike.

By choosing a BMW (and an RT no less) I know you are a smart guy; while you are looking at gear make sure you have all the DoD required stuff (helmet, boots, gloves, jacket), and it doesn't hurt to get a refresher MSF course done on your new bike (If you haven't done this at all yet, then make it one of your first priorities).

I don't mean to lecture, I just had one of my good friends severely hurt himself on a brand new bike, right after we got back from the desert in '03 and he can no longer fly. be safe and have fun!

B-1

BTW, I think I am volunteering for a 365 to Afghanistan next summer, just so I can get the cash to upgrade to a 1600GT when I get back... shopping for new toys is one of the few perks of being deployed!

Casey...thanks to you and all your buddies for all you do for all of us!

As a fellow RT rider, CONGRATULATIONS.. on your new bike. As soon as you can, please post us a pic of you on your new bike.

You and your team members... be safe.

Casey,, Welcome home! and enjoy your new BMW. I hope I run into you at next years National Rally - I would be honored to buy you a beer or two at the beer tent! :usa

Former member
463rd MP Co
534th MP Co
549th MP Co

Update : RT in KY!

My RT made it out of New Jersey and is sitting at my dealer's shop, being uncrated. So she'll be waiting on me when I get home. :dance

23 days til we get to the States, 30 til I get to kiss my wife and hug my RT!

Dealer said he's sending pics of her when she's all prettied up. I'll post them up as I get 'em.

I hope to meet all of you at the Rally. Can't friggin wait!!

Soon,
DC

Update - The fat lady ain't singing, but she's humming mighty loud

Leaving Iraq in 3 days for Kuwait. From Kuwait to Ft Benning for demobilization, then home to KY! So in two weeks from today, I hope to have the RT in the garage, a cold beer in my hand and my Mrs in my lap. Life will be good.

My RT is sitting in the dealership, where she was one of the showbikes for their Open House. He assured me that no one sat on my bike. And definitely no test rides.

Insurance has been arranged, loan has been approved and is standing by, so all I have to do is get my butt home and throw a leg over and roll.

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers for myself and all the troops overseas.

Not long now!
C

Welcome aboard! But Iraq was the most fun in April-May 2003 when everyone was still using slit trenches and 55 gallon drums.

CampBucca424.jpg

Update - HOME!

Got home to Ky last Thursday. Rolled up to BMW of Louisville on Friday am. James, my dealer had my RT ready to go.
P1000230.jpg

Around 500 miles so far. I'm taking her back to the dealer Saturday for the 600 mile service.

Overall, I LOVE the bike. I'm going to have to do some research on a different seat or seat cushion. The stock seat isn't all that great.

Thanks to everyone who posted on here. It really helped me pass the time while I was overseas. I'll be at the Rally and I hope to meet many of you while I'm there.

C

Welcome back from the sand-box. Great looking bike. The color is pretty cool..Good luck,and good riding. Your meal should be much better than the chow hall at Balad. Happy Thanksgiving...

Back