• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Recall Campaign # 10V-274 : 08- 09 F650GS and F800GS Chains

09F650GS

I just received a letter from BMW alerting me to this recall for certain 2008- 2009 F 650 GS and F 800 GS.

The recall involves the drive chain "certain chains were not produced to specifications" it says in the letter.

Remedy: Drive chain will be replaced.

I have an appointment to get chain replaced this week.

I just received my letter so I can have the chain (and I think sprockets) and the canister done at the same time. Gary

Received the recall notice.
Called the dealer.
Will be replacing chain and both sprockets under the recall.

Got a new minty fresh chain and sprockets installed. Thanks, BMW. 4000 miles on the old stuff. Now all new again.

Last edited:
Back