• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Cruise Control

badgertom

Has anyone tried the Throttlemeister Friction Cruise Control? These are bar end mechanical units. I have had cruise control (mechanical) on other bikes and they did not work so well an inclines and small hills. How are the Throttlemeister Controls?

Has anyone tried the Throttlemeister Friction Cruise Control? These are bar end mechanical units. I have had cruise control (mechanical) on other bikes and they did not work so well an inclines and small hills. How are the Throttlemeister Controls?

I installed ThrottleMeister's on my son's Honda ST1300, and they work well enough. But all it is is a method of temporary speed control to wiggle your hand and wrist.

Realistically - there is electronic cruise control, and then everything else is simply a 'throttle lock,' which will slow you down on inclines and speed you up on downhills. :deal

Last edited:
Throttle lock

I agree wtih Mr. Greenwald. I also had a throttle Meister on My ST1300. It gave your hand a rest but that's about it. The Electronic criuse on My 2010 RT is a Godsend.

I installed the Throttlemeisters on my R1200R and it makes a lot nicer ride when you are burning up the miles. As noted, it is not a true cruise that holds speed up and down hills, but is way better than having frozen "throttle hand" at the end of a 600 mile day. I also added GS handguards to my setup, and Throttlemeister actually makes proper adapters for the setup on a R1200R. When you order them, call and talk with someone there so they can send the proper adapters for your particular setup.

They make standard and heavy weights, and if you happen to have buzzy bars, the heavy weights are the way to go. The stuff is first rate and well worth the investment.

Photos:

DSC_7723.jpg

DSC_7725.jpg

DSC_7726.jpg

I use the Kaoko throttle lock and have for years. It works very well.

Back