Thread: Cruise Control

Cruise Control

Has anyone tried the Throttlemeister Friction Cruise Control? These are bar end mechanical units. I have had cruise control (mechanical) on other bikes and they did not work so well an inclines and small hills. How are the Throttlemeister Controls?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by badgertom View Post
    Has anyone tried the Throttlemeister Friction Cruise Control? These are bar end mechanical units. I have had cruise control (mechanical) on other bikes and they did not work so well an inclines and small hills. How are the Throttlemeister Controls?
    I installed ThrottleMeister's on my son's Honda ST1300, and they work well enough. But all it is is a method of temporary speed control to wiggle your hand and wrist.

Realistically - there is electronic cruise control, and then everything else is simply a 'throttle lock,' which will slow you down on inclines and speed you up on downhills.
    Last edited by Greenwald; 09-06-2010 at 02:34 PM.
    Kevin Greenwald - MSF Lead RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    Motorcycle/High Performance/Teen/Winter/ATV Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Track

Throttle lock

I agree wtih Mr. Greenwald. I also had a throttle Meister on My ST1300. It gave your hand a rest but that's about it. The Electronic criuse on My 2010 RT is a Godsend.

I installed the Throttlemeisters on my R1200R and it makes a lot nicer ride when you are burning up the miles. As noted, it is not a true cruise that holds speed up and down hills, but is way better than having frozen "throttle hand" at the end of a 600 mile day. I also added GS handguards to my setup, and Throttlemeister actually makes proper adapters for the setup on a R1200R. When you order them, call and talk with someone there so they can send the proper adapters for your particular setup.

They make standard and heavy weights, and if you happen to have buzzy bars, the heavy weights are the way to go. The stuff is first rate and well worth the investment.

Photos:

Doug, 2011 R1200RT Polar Metallic
    MSF #127350, Instructor, Louisiana Dept of Public Safety
    Motorcycle Safety, Awareness & Operator Training Program
    NAUI Instructor #36288, Board Member, Divers Alert Network

I use the Kaoko throttle lock and have for years. It works very well.
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog