• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hi from Florida (new member)

Jade

Hi Everyone!

I left a hello on the new member thread as well, but also wanted to say hi in here. My real name is Brenda and I recently purchased an 04 R1150 RT which I love. I have ridden since I was about 13 (and that was more than a few years ago), so I am looking forward to some trips and adventures with the RT. I have it pretty well sorted out now and my first trip of any length will be Sept 10-13 to Maggie Valley NC to see the Cannonball Run - antique motorcycles on a cross country "race" to the west coast. Anyone else going?
Anyway, just saying "hi" and that I'm looking forward to conversing a bit.

Hi Everyone!

I left a hello on the new member thread as well, but also wanted to say hi in here. My real name is Brenda and I recently purchased an 04 R1150 RT which I love. I have ridden since I was about 13 (and that was more than a few years ago), so I am looking forward to some trips and adventures with the RT. I have it pretty well sorted out now and my first trip of any length will be Sept 10-13 to Maggie Valley NC to see the Cannonball Run - antique motorcycles on a cross country "race" to the west coast. Anyone else going?
Anyway, just saying "hi" and that I'm looking forward to conversing a bit.

Hi Brenda, welcome to the club. Nice bike, though I might be a little bias as I ride the same bike...:thumb

... my first trip of any length will be Sept 10-13 to Maggie Valley NC to see the Cannonball Run - antique motorcycles on a cross country "race" to the west coast. Anyone else going?

hey, i'll be there, too. a buddy of mine, jeff decker is riding a 1914 Harley.

most likely i will be on a white 1986 R80G/SPD ... it no doubt will be the only one like it at the event.

what color is your bike, i will keep an eye out for you.

ian

Hi Visian,

If I did the upload right I posted a pic. The RT is red. I'm easy to spot because I'm 5'10" and blonde. I stand out like a lighthouse :laugh. Hope to see you there!

Attachments

• BMW2 6-6-10 sm.jpg
    BMW2 6-6-10 sm.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 111
Welcome Jade, Thanks for posting.
I'm sure Voni will approve of the color of your loverly RT.
Many happy miles ahead for you and please stop by the Women of the MOA subforum often.

Hey Jade!
Great smile! And the wind shield bends it into demonic glee!
I'm jealous! Sounds like your riding season is just beginning and mine is ending!
Remember to give us a report!

Nice ride. You need to hook up with the Space Coast Riders. They do monthly rides. Also, check out the BMW Riders of Northeast Florida. Loads of activities and a great Winter Rally

Hi Brenda, welcome. Sounds like a fun time in Maggie Valley. Hope you get to enjoy some of the nice riding in that area. :wave

Last edited:
Hi Brenda,
Nice bike and welcome to the board. Maybe sometime we woman can do a East meets West somewhere in the middle.

Welcome!

Hi Jade, welcome to the Forum. Nice ride you've got there. I love the R1200RT, but the wife and I tool around on a K1200LT. Cheryl (wife) has just recently gotten her endorsement, and we are looking for a good bike for her to ride. She's vertically challenged, so the pickings are slimer :). Once she gets her own bike, I'll probably hop over the the R1200 RT. Based on your post, you appear to be a lady who likes to ride!

We have a networking group that has just started getting together for rides around centeral Florida (we've over in Orlando) every other month. The group includes folks in the architecture, construction, and development field, but we welcome all riders. Last week we did a ride and had at least as many BMW's as Harley's so one more BMW would be great if you'd like to join us. Our next ride will be Nov. 19, and we typically meet for breakfast and then head off on a 150 - 200 mile ride, stopping somewhere fun for lunch. I'll be heading to the Sunbeemer Rally that afternoon, so I'll probably cut the ride short.

If you like to camp, you should consider heading down to the Sunbeemers Rally in Venice Nov. 19 - 21. We went for the first time last year and had a blast. Good folks, good food, and good fun. Welcome aboard!:rocker

Back