• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Finger Lakes - I can't wait!

zoridog

I go to a few rallies a year but I look forward to Finger Lakes the most.

It is the one rally I cannot be objective about. The roads are OK, but Virginia has it beat. The door prizes and vendors are OK, but the MOA rally wins hands down in that department. The seminars are OK, but they don't have Bob Higdon.

The people at the Finger Lakes rally, on the other hand, are such a pleasure to be around. The people who feed you are great. If you need help with your bike, someone will voluntarily fix it for you. They have a flea market with motorcycle gear. I have been thoroughly entertained by strangers with whom I share a table for breakfast or dinner. I see people drinking beer but no one is acting drunk.

Finger Lakes Rally people are the best! There ... I said it.

Knights will be there...

Many of the Knights of the Roundel #333 plan to arrive on Friday afternoon. Always a great rally with good friends in attendence. Weather looks to be good again this year.

Crusading to Finger Lakes Rally...

Sir Chasman and Lady Julie

The people at the Finger Lakes rally, on the other hand, are such a pleasure to be around. The people who feed you are great. If you need help with your bike, someone will voluntarily fix it for you. They have a flea market with motorcycle gear. I have been thoroughly entertained by strangers with whom I share a table for breakfast or dinner. I see people drinking beer but no one is acting drunk.

Finger Lakes Rally people are the best! There ... I said it.

:thumb This is a great rally with great people, fine food and very good riding for me to get there.

I usually don't see anyone drunk there but a few years ago someone was yelling out about the Hurricane Ernesto arrival. He would yell its 1 AM.....its 2 AM etc ......and Hurricane Ernesto is not here yet.......well finally it did arrive and soaked the place yet it was still a great event.

This year I bet the same guy will be yelling out its ..........AM and where is Hurricane Earl...?......at least this time I can yell back, his forks are here. :ha

Last edited:
+1 What he said!

Praying my bike is fixed by Thursday, I got FD issues.
When I don't attend Finger Lakes, the rest of my year stinks.

Ernesto in 2006 was something from the twilight zone.
People found out how well their tents were made, that's for sure.

Great Rally

Have to agree this is one of favourite rallies of the year. Can't wait to see all our BWM friends and raise a shot (or two or ..) of Tuaca.

Sir Darby and Lady Scarlet (a.k.a. Darryl and Terry)
Ambassadors
Niagara BMW Riders #298
Knights of the Roundel #333

First Rally

Hi all,

I am heading to the Finger Lakes Rally too. I just made the change from a HD Road King to an RT in June and this will be my first BMW Rally. It sounds like a great time. My wife and I have heard that they are a good time with some nice riders. We are looking forward to learning a lot about BMWs and making some new friends.

See you there!

Jim

hope to make it?

Will they have a tire vendor there? I can make it but have worn tires and a slow leak would like to change it while I am there they had a vendor a few years back if I recall. If I dont make it hope to go to Vermont and salvage a nice Sept rally.

1st Finger Lakes Rally

I got my 2009 RT last July and planned to attend Finger Lakes for the first time after hearing about it for years. Unfortunately I got this leg infection last August that put me in the hospital and unable to ride for a month for more. So here I am a year later, glad to be alive and ready to go on vacation tomorrow with my RT, first stop is The Finger Lakes Rally and while I'm there I think I'll hike the Gorge Trail in the park and see all the waterfalls, it looks amazing on the internet. On Monday when the rally breaks I'm headed to the Blue Ridge Parkway and North Carolina for a week of riding the roads. I can't wait, my last day of work today is going to feel like an eternity! See you all there! Don:wave

............while I'm there I think I'll hike the Gorge Trail in the park and see all the waterfalls, it looks amazing on the internet.............

The Gorge is great, a real must see when in the area.

This rally was on my to do list, but conflicted with Goldstock (woodstock for golden retrievers) in NE PA. So Barley and I will be in PA, but plan to ride thru the Finger Lakes region on our loop back home.

No dogs allowed at the rally, but please do wave if you see a handsome golden in a bright yellow hack on Sunday or Monday. I just couldn't pass on the opportunity to camp with hundreds of golden retrievers!

Cant wait either, great wine great restaurants all around the lakes and great friends. Hope the 40 year old Beemer is up to the task

zoridog

DOG :nyah How can we recocnize you?
Beemup from Maine if your done in a week down souyh head back up north for the vermont rally on yur way home ?
just a thought?

Last edited:
Will they have a tire vendor there? I can make it but have worn tires and a slow leak would like to change it while I am there they had a vendor a few years back if I recall. If I dont make it hope to go to Vermont and salvage a nice Sept rally.

The No Mar tire changer people are suppose to be there. They usually bring a supply of tires with them.

Back