• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bike Cover

This topic concerns Bike Covers, primarily for Sun Protection in our scenario.

I searched for past threads, but the topic wasn't coming up. I may also be using the wrong term?

Anyway, wondering what ideas and brands of bike covers that are out there? Is the Tyvek type material used on some? My wife and I have recently relocated to a place that does not give us the option to keep our bikes under a covered area. Although wet weather protection would be nice, main concern is keeping the sun off the bikes while not riding, and in particular, this light coating of a slightly sticky substance coming from the trees overhead.

Something washable in a front loader, possible grommet holes to lock or tie-down the cover. Main bikes are an 04 RT with cases and larger windshield, and a 2010 F 650 Twin.

Thanks for any input..
Scotchale

I have a size large from JC Whitney $19.95. I had it about six years and it works great inside or out. I've heard that Wal-Mart carries the same cover.

I am on my second Dowco in 10 years - thye are guaranteed forever OR they send you a new one-they are sturdy and although made in China, how can you go wrong? I have a 99 cent ebay cover for dust in storage indoors-nylon with heat fabric and rolls very small-straight from Hong Kong.

E-Z Touring. Great cover, various sizes and colors. Not a bargain priced item. Have used them for at least 15 years. Two years ago I had a problem with a 5 year old cover. Got a new one free at the Johnson City Rally. Owner and her daughter are great folks.

Just bought a Nelson-Rigg UV2000 half-cover from New Enough. In XL, it nicely fits my RT with top-case and side-cases. Sewn-in elastic loops match up perfectly with the passenger pegs and the other loops can be easily bungeed.

The half cover comes down just below the fairing by the oil cooler and goes straight back above the cylinder heads to about mid side-case. The top-case is completely covered and cover ends by the tail light.

If a half-cover will do, at less than $34, this cover is worth considering.

Thanks for the Info on Covers

Thanks for the info on covers so far. Brand names I kind of wanted to hear, didn't really have any brands that I was aware of by name. At least I found some generic cover I had back in the 80's that will fit on my wife's F 650 twin for now, but still need something for the RT soon.

There was some good info in a recent ON issue about overall protection of the bike while parked and especially when on the road, but I left that issue at a relative's house :banghead

Scotchale

E-Z Touring

e-z touring. Great cover, various sizes and colors. Not a bargain priced item. Have used them for at least 15 years. Two years ago i had a problem with a 5 year old cover. Got a new one free at the johnson city rally. Owner and her daughter are great folks.

+1

Just bought a Nelson-Rigg UV2000 half-cover from New Enough. In XL, it nicely fits my RT with top-case and side-cases. Sewn-in elastic loops match up perfectly with the passenger pegs and the other loops can be easily bungeed.

The half cover comes down just below the fairing by the oil cooler and goes straight back above the cylinder heads to about mid side-case. The top-case is completely covered and cover ends by the tail light.

If a half-cover will do, at less than $34, this cover is worth considering.

I have this same 1/2 cover as my travel cover for my R12RT and like it a lot. I have a generic breathable full-size dust cover for indoor winter storage.

Back