• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Nolan N43 "AIR" Helmet

dbaliko

Last edited:
Great to hear, Doug!

I've been looking at these myself. I did notice on a UK site that the Air also comes in a yellow Hi-Viz though FC doesn't show it.

What's the wind noise like and what hexhead are you riding?

TIA

The helmet is very comfortable and I have no problem with wind noise. I ride a R1200RT. Just watch your shipping charges on some of the European sites. FC is only $19 but some were $60-$70 to ship to the states.

I ordered mine (the white/black Motorrad version) today from FC-Moto. I've been thinking about one of these for weeks and Doug's comments pushed me over the cliff! :D

Nolan-N43air-motorrad-w.jpg

Doug: How long did it take FC-Moto to get your helmet to you and did they provide you with a tracking number? Thanks! :)

I ordered mine on 2/27 and had a tracking number on 3/3. If I remember correctly I had it in my hands within 10-12 days.

Doug

Hello...my name is Theo -- and I'm a helmet-holic. I have four helmets and I am thinking of following Doug and Steve's lead to acquire another one! Watch for the episode of "Hoarders" featuring me. :lol

Nolan Air Helmet -- 2 questions

I am interested in this helmet and saw the site in Europe referenced by xtrooper.

1. Has anyone checked this site: http://www.thebikerstore.co.uk/Nola..._B22YD0.aspx?gclid=CPOQ-K2LzqMCFRto5QodJ3c5qw

Is this the same helmet and are the prices legit?

2. Since I can't try it on for fit, can anyone compare the fit of this Nolan size large (59-60 cm) with the Caber Justissimo size large (59-60 cm)? The Caberg fits perfectly and the shape is made for my head.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve,
I have no information for you on the UK site. But be aware that the prices you see are in Euro's not U.S. Dollars.

I find the sizing very similar to Shoei or HJC. FYI - It is possible to find a local dealer that sells the Nolan "Trilogy" and try that helmet on for size and comfort. It is the same helmet without the "AIR" top venting.

Doug

Hi, Doug. Just wanted to let everyone know I received my Nolan N43 AIR (white/black Motorrad version) exactly ten days from the day I ordered it from FC-Moto. I think that's pretty darn good service for a $19.95 shipping charge from Germany. :brow

As most of you know the "AIR" and the "Trilogy" (US version) can be worn a number of different ways; with or without face shield, with or without chin bar, with or without peaked visor, plus all the possible combinations.

I'm currently wearing mine with the peaked visor, without the face shield, and with the chin bar installed.

Here's a quick pic I took of the helmet late this afternoon in failing sunlight.
Nolan_Air.jpg

Thanks, Doug.

I like it a lot. I find it comfortable, very light, and, as you've already commented, the air flow is fantastic! I give it two thumbs up! :)

Last edited:
Steve,
I have no information for you on the UK site. But be aware that the prices you see are in Euro's not U.S. Dollars.

I find the sizing very similar to Shoei or HJC. FYI - It is possible to find a local dealer that sells the Nolan "Trilogy" and try that helmet on for size and comfort. It is the same helmet without the "AIR" top venting.

Doug

Look again. Those prices are British Pounds, not Euros.

Back