• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tunes, and half tunes

G

GREGFUESS

Does anyone share this issue with Autocom? The Bike-to-Bike and GPS functions work as advertised, but the MP3 player works sometimes, and sometimes all I get is half-stereo. Not mono, where you can hear a whole song from one speaker, but half-stereo, where you only hear one side, but through both speakers.

I have the Autocom Logic, and the helmet set is for earbuds. This experience is driving me crazy going down the road, to the extent that turn the MP3 off, yet listening to the MP3 while giving the significant other the chance to call on the radio if needed, was a major reason to get the Autocom in the first place.

The MP3 is a Sansa Clip, which works fine when the headphones are plugged directly into it. This doesn't seem to be an issue with the voice from the GPS (a Zumo 450). Music from the GPS seems to work fine too, but the GPS doesn't have the music storage capacity of the Clip, and doesn't excuse the Autocom from not handling the MP3 input.

Not sure what to make of this issue. Autocom insists that they haven't heard of this problem before, and have never had a complaint from a customer before. They seem receptive to my problem, but offer no solution other than returning the unit so that they can check it out, which I am willing to do. I just thought touching base here may prevent returning the unit if the problem doesn't lie with Autocom.

Any responses? All comments appreciated.

Greg

Half stereo

I have the same problem with my XM radio/autocom setup, but it is definitely the XM radio itself, not the autocom. I can play with the plug going into the radio, and the sound comes back, then goes away quickly. I can plug my MP3 player into the same cord and the sound is always perfect.
My suggestion would be to try a different device on the same cord to narrow down the problem.

MP3 Player

What MP3 player are you using that works perfectly?

Thanks

Greg

tunes

I use both a naked Ipod Shuffle, and an Ipod Nano mounted in a waterproof case. I put a small piece of velcro on the back of the Shuffle and the Nano case, and stick them to the handlebars on my RS.

Back