Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Greetings from Vienna (Austria, Europe)

Where does this road go?? Gottago's Avatar
    Hi Dave,
    Welcome to the board.
    You're trip sounds really fun and I'm sure you'll have a great time. We live in Southern California so if you're in the area we have a spot available for you.
    Our daughter-in-law is Austrian and we were lucky to visit Vienna a few years ago. Beautiful city and lovely people. You might look into purchasing a national parks pass for around $80 but it will enable you to get into all national parks and monuments for free. You would still have to pay to camp but if you just want to spend a day it's a good deal.
    Someone already mentioned coast highway in California and in fact the coast highway all the way to Canadian border is spectacular. Parks pass will come in handy if you get to Utah make sure you visit Capital Reef, Canyonlands, Arches, Bryce, and Zion parks. The road between Capital Reef and Bryce should not be missed.
    Depending on the time of your trip a group of us meet out near Capital Reef in May and again in September. You might also want to check out this web site. www.BMWST.com. Real nice bunch of folks from all over the country.
    Best Regards,
    Nancy
    "If they are running you out of town
    get in front of the crowd and make it
    look like a parade!"

Luckies
    I'll continue the informations about our trip in this thread.

I'm about 45 minutes from New Orleans. If you find yourself down this way I'd be more than happy to guide you to some really great food. The riding isn't as nice as some of the eastern states but can be found up the the Mississippi river. Just let me know, I'm always ready for some good food and conversation with a fellow rider.

Luckies
    Good Morning Roxter!!

New Orleans is one of the "must have" on the trip. Also the area of the Mississippi. It would be a great pleasure to meet and have you as our guide.

Schoene Strecken

Ich war gestern am Bodensee.....von Regen nichts zu sehen....nur heis. Anyway, in the southeast, one of the must see roads is the Tail of the Dragon...google that and you will get all kinds of info. Plenty of camping nearby for as little as $15 per night.
    I have toured almost all the roads in northern New Mexico, Colorado, Northern Arizona and Utah, so if you have specific questions about routes out there, just send me PM or email.
    If you need a place to crash in Atlanta, let me know. Good luck!
    "Wer reitet so spaet durch nacht und wind -es ist der Vater mit seinem Kind" -- Goethe
    R1200RT, F800GS
    '80 GL1100

Luckies
    Jetzt bin ich nat??rlich neugieirig und w??rde mich ??ber ein Treffen in Atlanta freuen. Atlanta is part of the route and i will be happy to meet you there.

In the last days i worked out the route on "Microsoft Streets & Trips". You can find it here: http://www.baujahr76.at/gallery/inde...USA-2012/Route
    I'm sure there will be some changes after i get the printed maps for the US (because of scenic roads).

In the gallery you will find 41 days of riding. But there will be more, because these tracks are not included:
    Miami - Key West (southest point) - Miami
    one day in the area of the Smoky Mountains
    the way from Washington DC to Newburgh (because I've absolute no idea how to do this)
    one day in the Colorado mountains
    one day in San Francisco

So I think there will be 45 days of riding (minimum).
    From 70 days we're in the US i count 10 days for the first and last days.
    60 days for the tour .. 15 days left for relaxing .. sounds hard

tut mir leid...ich war in Oregon unterwegs! I will study your maps - looks like you have some very interesting routes. If you have specific questions feel free to send me a private email - I'll get to those faster.
    Fruehling im Sueden ist schoen....Juli ist fast unertraeglich. Colorado ist aber Juni bis September sehr angenehm. Let me know what you might need.
    "Wer reitet so spaet durch nacht und wind -es ist der Vater mit seinem Kind" -- Goethe
    R1200RT, F800GS
    '80 GL1100