Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 76 to 81 of 81

Thread: 2007 RT Fuel Strip Went South

  1. #76
    K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Urbana, IL
    Posts
    3,796
    Question that thing about the light on cal...doesn't seem to have been helpful considering how far off it was.
    R1200GS LC Rallye
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")

  2. #77
    A bozo on the bus deilenberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Spring Lake NJ, USA
    Posts
    8,554
    Quote Originally Posted by cjack View Post
    Question that thing about the light on cal...doesn't seem to have been helpful considering how far off it was.
    It wasn't done on this one.. it was done on the first replacement (which lasted about 22 months and 25,000 miles..) This is the third, and gonna head in for the fourth..
    Don Eilenberger http://www.eilenberger.net
    Spring Lk Heights NJ NJ Shore BMW Riders
    '12 R1200R - I love this bike!

  3. #78
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Kentucky
    Posts
    490
    Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like there are several bikes with multiple fuel strip problems. 4,5,6,7 fuel strips on the same bikes seems weird

    Could there be a problem causing this beyond the fuel strip itself?
    Anthony S.
    2012 R1200GS

  4. #79
    Kindly curmudgeon W7lej1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Spokane Valley, WA
    Posts
    178

    Repair warranty - transferrable?

    Anyone know if the warranty on replacement parts is transferable between owners? PO of my '08 RT had a fuel strip replaced 4/11. I have the receipt. Thx for any advice.
    Marty in Spokane Valley, WA

    '79 R65 - the rolling running project bike
    '08 R12RT - "new scoot"

  5. #80
    K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Urbana, IL
    Posts
    3,796
    Quote Originally Posted by sloride View Post
    maybe i'm wrong but it seems like there are several bikes with multiple fuel strip problems. 4,5,6,7 fuel strips on the same bikes seems weird

    could there be a problem causing this beyond the fuel strip itself?
    no.
    R1200GS LC Rallye
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")

  6. #81
    K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Urbana, IL
    Posts
    3,796
    Quote Originally Posted by w7lej1 View Post
    Anyone know if the warranty on replacement parts is transferable between owners? PO of my '08 RT had a fuel strip replaced 4/11. I have the receipt. Thx for any advice.
    Generally with BMW, the warranty goes with the item or vehicle.
    R1200GS LC Rallye
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •