Thread: Help with rear wheel

Help with rear wheel

Hi, everybody. I need a bit of help with the rear wheel on my 1975 R90/6. I took it of today to have new tires put on. It has been a long time since I have had it off. When I remounted it I have a terrbile grinding and if I do the axle nut up tight the wheel will not turn. I removed the wheel again and had a look. My question is on the inside of the hub, the section that mates with the splines there is a seal. Is there supposed to be a spacer over the seal or cover over the seal? I know there is one on the other side covering the seal. I can't remember but it would seem to make sense. I have looked at schematics but I can't tell from them either. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

John

I found the spacer. The whole affair works alot better once you put all the pieces in! I think I am getting old and forgetful!

Glad we could help! See, the Forum is like the doctor's office. Come in, tell everyone what's wrong, have a light bulb moment, and then everything is all better.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

James.A
    Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Glad we could help! See, the Forum is like the doctor's office. Come in, tell everyone what's wrong, have a light bulb moment, and then everything is all better.
    Right on, Kurt. Happens to me all the time.

ARTHURSHORT

Question Which end of the bike does the rear wheel go on?

Quote Originally Posted by woodnsteel View Post
    Right on, Kurt. Happens to me all the time.
    C'mon now!
    I thought that I was unique and the only one that did this sort of thing.
    Then I thought it was because I was an Airhead, but remembered that I (rode) an Airhead.
    I'll be darned if I can remember where I was going with this. But it matters not, I've got to ride.
    Every one Ride Safe!

Nice to know I am not alone. Seems the older I get the more I forget! Hmmm....... That good be a good thing if I get out for a ride, I can have a long trip just finding my way.

Thanks for the good natured comments!