• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Pies are round

martinph

Prefers to play
:eatOK folks, important business. I am trying to compile a list of all the Great pie places in the American Pacific northwest, BC and Alberta. I am not talking about a good piece of pie; IÔÇÖm talking about the best you have ever tasted. It must have wow factor, OMG that was good! Etc.
I want to stick with pie: Cake and squares are for another time. It must be available to the general public. (No, my aunt sally makes the best.)
Please include Name, Address and location of the Restaurant.
Results will be posted in the Pie Charts on Valley BMW Riders Website.
:usa :ca :eat

Hilltop Cafe, Mile 5.5 Elliot Highway. North of Fairbanks, Alaska. Last gas and pie before you hit the Dalton Highway (Haul Road). Hey, who can doubt the taste of the Ice Road Truckers.:dance You did say the Pacfic Northwest and you can't get more north nor west than Alaska while being on the Pacific.:scratch

Hilltop Cafe, Mile 5.5 Elliot Highway. North of Fairbanks, Alaska. Last gas and pie before you hit the Dalton Highway (Haul Road). Hey, who can doubt the taste of the Ice Road Truckers.:dance You did say the Pacfic Northwest and you can't get more north nor west than Alaska while being on the Pacific.:scratch

Of course we include Alaska, just an oversight on my part.

Park Cafe in St Mary's Montana on the east side of the Going to the Sun Pass.. only open seasonally and have T-shirts and Mugs to attest to the quality of their pies... breakfast is pretty good there as well...

Pies are Us.

Not as many replies as I was thinking I would get.
Here are the pie places sent in so far.
Maybe we should do an Iron Butt ride and check them all out (Or would it be a Fat butt ride?)

Alaska

Hilltop Caf?®
Mile 5.5 Elliot Hwy.
North of Fairbanks Alaska.

British Columbia

Airport Coffee Shop.
46244 Airport Rd.
Chilliwack BC.
At the Airport just off of Hwy One.

Chilcotin Hotel.
Alexis Creek BC.
On Hwy 20 (on way to Bella Coola)

Canyon Alpine Caf?®.
Boston Bar, BC.
Just north of Boston Bar on Hwy one.

Kootenay Caf?®.
Yahk BC.
On hwy 3

Chums Restaurant.
Cache Creek, BC.
Junction Hwy 1 and 97.

Horstings Farm.
Cache Creek, BC.
Hwy 97 Just North of Cache Creek.

The Brown Derby Caf?®.
Main Street
Armstrong, BC

The Hitchin Post.
Hedley BC.
In Town, 2 blocks off of Hwy 3

Washington

The Duck Brand Restaurant.
Main Street,
Winthrop WA.

Deception Pass Caf?® and Grill
Hwy 20
Just West of Deception Pass bridge.

Oregan

Willamette Valley Fruit Co.
2994 82 Ave, NE.
Salem OR.

California

Gizdich Ranch
55 Peckham Road.
Watsonville California.

Montana

Park Caf?®,
St Mary's Montana.
On Hwy 89.

Utah

Sunglow Family Restaurant
91 East Main
Bicknell, Utah

Well, I notice you've got one submission from southern Utah, which isn't exactly the Pacific NW, but one mention of a southern Utah pie location begs another. That being the case, the Bumbleberry Inn Restaurant just outside of Zion National Park in Springdale, Utah, is famous for their, aptly named, bumbleberry pies. Here's the URL: http://www.bumbleberry.com/restaurant.html

Sorry I didn't get this in sooner, but old age is catching up with me and I just couldn't remember the name of the place.

In Spokane is Cyrus O'Leary's Restaurant. They make fabulous pies. The group I was with went there twice during the MOA rally up there, once just for dessert. Really excellent pies.

Cyrus O'Leary's
516 W. Main ÔÇó Spokane, WA 99201
Phone 509.624.9000 ÔÇó Fax 509-838-6824

And for those of you who really like pie, there's always Weebl & Bob.

Not as many replies as I was thinking I would get.
Here are the pie places sent in so far.
Maybe we should do an Iron Butt ride and check them all out (Or would it be a Fat butt ride?)

Alaska

Hilltop Caf?®
Mile 5.5 Elliot Hwy.
North of Fairbanks Alaska.

British Columbia

Airport Coffee Shop.
46244 Airport Rd.
Chilliwack BC.
At the Airport just off of Hwy One.

Chilcotin Hotel.
Alexis Creek BC.
On Hwy 20 (on way to Bella Coola)

Canyon Alpine Caf?®.
Boston Bar, BC.
Just north of Boston Bar on Hwy one.

Kootenay Caf?®.
Yahk BC.
On hwy 3

Chums Restaurant.
Cache Creek, BC.
Junction Hwy 1 and 97.

Horstings Farm.
Cache Creek, BC.
Hwy 97 Just North of Cache Creek.

The Brown Derby Caf?®.
Main Street
Armstrong, BC

The Hitchin Post.
Hedley BC.
In Town, 2 blocks off of Hwy 3

Washington

The Duck Brand Restaurant.
Main Street,
Winthrop WA.

Deception Pass Caf?® and Grill
Hwy 20
Just West of Deception Pass bridge.

Oregan

Willamette Valley Fruit Co.
2994 82 Ave, NE.
Salem OR.

California

Gizdich Ranch
55 Peckham Road.
Watsonville California.

Montana

Park Caf?®,
St Mary's Montana.
On Hwy 89.

Utah

Sunglow Family Restaurant
91 East Main
Bicknell, Utah

Hold on... Something's missing:

Attachments

• pie.jpg
    pie.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 191
Just a valley or two to the east from the Valley Riders home is the Pepperbox Bistro located in Salmo BC.. newly opened and I have been advised they have great pies...

This is an easy one. Beckie's Cafe, 56484 Highway 62, Prospect, Oregon 97536. is by far the best pie you will find. This is roughly 15 miles from Crater Lake. Enjoy..:eat then enjoy the lake...:thumb

ho ho.... follow this truck to something that will ravage yer tastebuds!.....

e5a00539.jpg

Back