• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Toys for Tots '04 - Chicago

D

DZIMBRIC

A little late but better than never.
On December 5, 2004 53,000 motocycles and I participated in the Annual Toys for Tots run. I had never been to the Chicago parade and was amazed at the size. Saw numerous Beemers and every other type of bike you could imagine. Even kids on dirt bikes and four-wheelers. The temp was in the high 40's to low 50's and the rain held off all day.

On a sad note, an inebriated elderly driver tried to cut the parade line in his cage and killed a rider. He was charged with DUI among other things.

13779684-M.jpg

BIKES

13779687-M.jpg

BIKES

13779690-M.jpg

AND MORE BIKES

13779682-M-1.jpg

THE END

I participated in a toy run here in S Fl. last month and it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling being able to help out kids who otherwise get nothing. :clap
I was sorry to read one biker died trying to do the right thing :cry :cry
How could that drunk old bat :banghead :sick even have gone through the intersection, did the cops not seal them all off, like they do down here???
I really hope he gets what he deserves. I would have thought other bikers would have beaten the sh^t out of him first.

Yes
The intersections were blocked by police and road captains, however it is tough to close off every entrance on a 19 mile stretch of Chicago roadway. There were so many bikes they had to do it in groups and it took all day to get everyone through. 53,000 motorcycles is a lot of motorcycles in one place.
The rider that was killed worked for the correction department. They had to be real careful he didn't suffer an accident after he was in custody.

Back