• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

28th Annual Green Mountain Rally / Vermont

73 Is Open From Brandon

We are planning on staying in Middlebury, but the roads to the campground access road still shows as closed or emergency vehicles only. Is there any kind of contact number which could be used for local information once we arrive?

I called the campground and asked if 73 was open and they answered yes it is open from Brandon to the West but not Rochester to the East.

Directions to Camp Thorpe

The Vermont Challenge - You CAN get heah from theyah!​

From the North:
Roads open from the north include RTs 116 and 7
Take RT 53 around Lake Dunmore to RT 73 and then to the camp

From the South
Take RT 7 north from Rutland into Brandon
You can take a right onto Country Club Road OR High Street to RT 73 (shortcuts)
OR you can take RT 7 to RT 73 and then to the camp

From the West
Take RT 4 into Vermont to RT4/RT 7; continue on RT 7 north through Rutland into Brandon
You can take a right onto Country Club Road OR High Street to RT 73 (shortcuts)

From the Southeast
From I-91 take RT 103 in Bellows Falls to RT 7 south of Rutland; there will be a small detour as you near RT 7.
Take RT 7 north through Rutland and continue north into Brandon. You can take a right onto Country Club Road OR High Street to RT 73 (shortcuts)

From the Northeast
From I-91 take RT 11 through Springfield to RT 103 in Chester (r) to RT 7 south of Rutland; there will be a small detour as you near RT 7. Take RT 7 north through Rutland and north into Brandon. You can take a right onto Country Club Road OR High Street to RT 73 (shortcuts) OR you can take RT 7 to RT 73 and then to the camp
For those who know the area, you can take the Ascutney exit off of I-91, go west on 131 (around the road closed sign) to Weathersfield Center Rd (left) to Springfield (watch your speed in Springfield), and pick up 11 W to 106 (just past Mobil Station) to RT 10 (a flooding sign may still be there, but the road is clear) to RT 103 west to RT 7.
Take RT 7 north through Rutland into Brandon. You can take a right onto Country Club Road OR High Street to RT 73 (shortcuts) OR you can take RT 7 to RT 73 and then to the camp

The latest road closings can be found here: http://www.aot.state.vt.us/Documents/Irene/Storm_damage_20110906_1631.pdf

NYS Thruway authority may close exits 23 and 24 on the Thruway due to Flooding issues. Areas in the I 90 corridor of Amsterdam to Schenectady Has flooding issues again for those who are traveling from the west and south heading to the rally. Take caution also in the I 88 corridor. Hopefully the spigot will turnoff soon!

Bike is packed, route done, checked, modified and done again. Seems there are more road closings every time I check........:banghead

Going to try and get there, not sure we will at this point, due to all the flooding from PA, through NY and into VT.

Hope to see you all there!

No worries, campers, BlackFly and I were camping in Shelburne last weekend (up to see fellow UVM
Alumnus Tim Thomas and the Stanley Cup) and Vermont is open for business!
Bring your maps and flexibility, we've reloaded for the MOV rally and will see you all there tomorrow!
The locals will be helpful with routing updates, as they were for us.
Also check http://www.511vt.com/default.asp?area=VT_statewide for detailed updates.

What an awesome rally

You couldn't have asked for a better weekend! Thanks to the MOV for an absolutely incredible experience. The site was first rate and the food was outstanding!:thumb

The riding was not bad either!

You couldn't have asked for a better weekend! Thanks to the MOV for an absolutely incredible experience. The site was first rate and the food was outstanding!:thumb

The riding was not bad either!

+1! Had a great time, ate too much, met some nice folks and got to see some I had met at Bloomsburg.

Thanks Muriel and crew for a fun weekend!

It was nice to see you, John, and everyone else as well. And thank you to all the rally goers who helped with our two flood-related projects. The people in the town of Brandon really appreciated our help (well, maybe not the guy who kicked us off his land during the morning project, but I hear he's about to get his comeuppance from the town!). You all did a good job schlepping trash and hauling books from the basement of Safer's headquarters.

We were blessed with good weather. Everyone seemed to have a great time.

Sunday, after cleanup, I rode home over Bethel Mountain Road/Camp Brook Road; there is a detour as you near Bethel - good GS road, but rather rough for cars and street bikes! It came out on Lilliesville Brook Rd to River Road, which runs along the White River - that route is currently the only connection to Rochester from the east. The White River left so much devastation in its wake - evan after seeing damage for a week, this was still shocking.

Muriel

Back