• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

28th Annual Green Mountain Rally / Vermont

Hey Muriel,

My wife and I, another couple and a solo rider are coming up! I was wondering how the area fared during the storm? Seeing the destruction in VT by a hurricane of all things was quite unnerving!

I think given ten days many of the roads will be open. A lot are open now, but some are closed. Come on along!

Muriel

any news on when Rtes 107 and 73 will be back open? Seeing's how that's how we're apparently getting to the campsite?

Wish my old neighbors well

Rt 73 is open from the western end only.
Rt 107 is closed from Tozier's on to Stockbridge.

This should be used when planning routes in Vermont. http://www.aot.state.vt.us/

Muriel

Reading about all of you traveling to Vt. sure makes me homesick!
Safe travels, and hold a warm spot in your heart for all my old friends and neighbors having a rough time of it after the storm.
Airhead trip to the Green Mountain State is tops on my bucket list!!

Rt 73 is open from the western end only.
Rt 107 is closed from Tozier's on to Stockbridge.

This should be used when planning routes in Vermont. http://www.aot.state.vt.us/

Muriel

Ummmmm, I'm afraid we can't get there from here.... At all.... US4 is closed from Woodstock to Killington to Rutland, Rte 107 is closed from Rte 12 to Rte 100. And even if we could get to the section of Rte 100 that's open, all of rte 73 in the NF is closed?

According to the link posted above, the road to the rally site can only be accessed over roads only accessible to emergency vehicles? Am I reading the map correctly? Is it up to date? If so, how will this affect the rally?

We'll have to get some members to check out all of the routes. Ah! Sounds like an excellent excuse to ride instead of cleaning up the muck.

Well, I just got an email from the Waybury Inn in Middlebury, and all is well for our accommodations, as well as the approach from the New York side. I'm sure there will be some road construction/reconstruction to deal with in some way. Hopefully the next few days will get some more of the roads passable and we will be able to see at least a small part of what sounds like a great destination state for motorcycle riding. I'm sure the people living there and having to deal with the aftermath of the storm are hoping for a return to some kind of normal as well.

Work Day Saturday

For those of you who wish to and are able, we are planning on having a work day on Saturday to help flood victims. More on this later.

Yes, Moondog, I'll send your greetings :)

Muriel

Getting my bike ready right now. Hope the roads are open soon. I need a good rally.

I see you are headed up/over from Grove City, which route are you taking? Looking at the 511 NY and VT web sites, there are a number of roads closed still (though we have 3 1/2 days yet). We were planning to cross into NY past Carbondale, PA, then up NY Rt 30, but at this point might take NY Rt 10 to avoid delays/closures. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I'm hoping to come in via I89 and when we get close, stop and ask for some local knowledge input as to how to get to the CG.

Hopefully there'll be some route that gets us there. With Rte 73 closed or designated emergency vehicles only, is there another route that gets us to the CG?

Tour de Nor'east 2011

Leaving SW Michigan thursday after work and have the follwoing detailed plans for my 10 day trip.
Ride M22 (Trail of Trees)
Cross Big mac friday around lunchtime
Enter canada and turn right.

Want to make the rally that weekend, maybe saturday but I'm not in a hurry, crossing back into the US at Alexandria Bay, NY. Riding my 2005 GS , Any route recomendations?

I'm hoping to come in via I89 and when we get close, stop and ask for some local knowledge input as to how to get to the CG.

Hopefully there'll be some route that gets us there. With Rte 73 closed or designated emergency vehicles only, is there another route that gets us to the CG?

We'll be heading north on NY 10 (had planned on NY 30, but too many problems), then east on NY 8, then NY 9N into VT, and hope to stay just north of 73, then south to CG. The roads I'm looking at may not be open either, as they are county roads so don't show up on the state 511VT road closures. Friday might turn into a long day............

I've changed the route plan half a dozen times already as road conditions change, hope to see more roads open prior to our departure Friday morning, but think I found a passable route.

Very hopeful that it stops raining soon, for the sake of a fun/safe rally, but more importantly for the poor souls who live near creeks up there. Not to mention the already depleted state budgets that now have tens of millions of dollars of road/bridge repairs to deal with.

I see you are headed up/over from Grove City, which route are you taking? Looking at the 511 NY and VT web sites, there are a number of roads closed still (though we have 3 1/2 days yet). We were planning to cross into NY past Carbondale, PA, then up NY Rt 30, but at this point might take NY Rt 10 to avoid delays/closures. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Riding to Wellsboro, Pa. Wensday night and up into the Adarondacks Thursday. Rt 10 and 8 are both nice, then catch the ferry over the lake at Ticondaroga. Hope to see you there. Enjoy the ride.

We are planning on staying in Middlebury, but the roads to the campground access road still shows as closed or emergency vehicles only. Is there any kind of contact number which could be used for local information once we arrive?

Back