• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

more horsepower, Horex back on the scene, more questions

ultracyclist

This months issue of MCN featured a story on the return of Horex, a German Motorcycle manufacturer.
Horex is producing a bike that specs out between 175 and 200HP.

Between BMW 1000R, the fast Italian bikes, the the 175hp+ Japanese bikes, and others, are there that many people in the world who can really ride a 200hp bike?

It looks like Horex and BMW used the same marketing data.

This months issue of MCN featured a story on the return of Horex, a German Motorcycle manufacturer.
Horex is producing a bike that specs out between 175 and 200HP.

Between BMW 1000R, the fast Italian bikes, the the 175hp+ Japanese bikes, and others, are there that many people in the world who can really ride a 200hp bike?

It looks like Horex and BMW used the same marketing data.

There's riding a bike, and there's riding a bike well. I think a lot of us (certainly myself) are already on machines that we can't ride to their full potential.

For the record, 200 hp is nuthin'!
http://www.bosshoss.com/view_bike.asp?x=BHC3LS3SS:usa

I actually rode one of these pigs a few years ago at Sturgis, though I think it had "only" a 350 cid engine. Glad to see they got an extra 26 cid since I've been gone! IIRC, the company's owner was on one w/a 502 cid engine w/a blower.:scratch

Long story short, it was a blast. I could accelerate in a straight line really fast.:dance It handled much better than I thought, but it wasn't exactly "flickable." The neatest thing is that "...now I've done that...," so I saved $30K or so on a purchase. That could buy me a fleet of nice used oilheads...

Speaking of 350s, I think it would be really fun to see someone on a Yamaha RD350 smoke one of these in the twisties!:rocker

The tendency to ride motorcycles at 175-200 MPH on the street is not a genetic trait that will often be passed to the next generation. I do not have what it takes to ride that fast on the street; but I like to watch.

Back