• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Deka ETX30L Powersports AGM Battery

rozemab

I wanted to put in my recommendation for this battery for my 1977 R100. The original battery was the BMW version (wet type) and was five years old and was still charging but..... you never know with any battery when it will crash.

There's been a lot of positive references to the Odyssey brand battery and it is well deserved. I've own two Odyssey in both my oilheads.

The ETX30L is equal to slightly less than the length (fore to aft) and height (up-down) to the factory battery. The width (port-starboard) is about .25in less than factory. It will drop in without having to loosen up the tray bolts or the rear bolt-on sub-frame. Posts are on the correct position (+ port, - starboard) so hook up is easy. One neat feature of the posts is the captive nut within the post. No need to "fidge" with a nut and bolt while putting the system back together. Comes with two stainless steel bolts.

The only negative comment I have is the posts do not have a built-in protective cover like the factory battery. The posts are exposed to the rest of the bike.

Warranty is one year and it is made in the USA. Available from evil-bay and other sources.

Just a satisfied customer wanting to share another option with fellow airhead riders.

Brian

I needed a battery on the road this summer. Stopped at O Reilly in a small town in MO. I was just going to get what ever I could find that would fit. They had the ETX30L listed as the replacement battery. So far it seems to be a good battery. I had planned on installed a Oddissy when I needed a battery. but you have to take what you can get on the road.

Don

Back