• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

k1200rs windshield help

brprider679

I have a 1999 k12rs with a comfort shield screen. The noise from the wind is terrible. I wear ear plugs but the buffeting hits me right in the face and is driving me crazy! Can anyone provide me some solid advice on a solution. Preferably from someone who has actually tried whatever screen or tip they are suggesting. For the record I'm 6'1". Ive tried a Laminar Lip that was absolutely no help. Couldn't tell it made a bit of difference. Raised and lowered it to no avail.

Try the stock lower shield. I've actually cut about 2 inches off mine to get a nice quiet head zone, wind hits me mid to upper chest, and I'm 5'8".

Or...

I am 6'. I understand Bob's point of view, and in fact agree in some cases. However, if you are looking for wind protection and quietness, I would go the opposite direction and go for the tall Aeroflow. I love my K12RS with over 126,000 miles. And whether I use the stock screen in the twisties or the tall Aeroflow (with R1200C hand guards) for touring and winter riding...I nearly always use Bob's earplugs with the speakers..+++++

But for what it seems you are looking for from the tone of your post, I highly recommend the Aeroflow tall. I tried the Comfort screen and found it worthless in any position other than low. Maybe for someone of short stature, but not us 6'+ guys. With the Aeroflow Tall, I am very comfy at up to 75 mph with little or no buffeting and very little wind noise. In the twisties, I drop it down to the low position and can see over it at close range. My buddy has a Parabellum and prefers it, neither of us thought the Comfort screen lived up to its name.

Back