• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

My small rant

No difference between the various descriptions of drinking above and driving a car or truck versus driving a motorcycle.

except the car or truck has a much greater chance of injuring/killing others than does the motorcycle in the hands of an intoxicated driver. i've always thought the indignation over riding and drinking to be somewhat misplaced selfishness.........looking out for number one as it were.

I have been riding for 40 years and tho I really like beer, my motto has been "Alcohol and motorcycles don't mix".
A group of guys I know who ride that famous American brand say they limit each other to "only 5 beers per ride" , seems like way too much if you ask me.
I think its just too dangerous to drink and ride/drive etc.

Spent some time in Iowa this summer visiting relatives. They were drinking Busch Light and Miller. SWMBO noted that she'd had three (within an hour) and didn't feel a thing except for the need to empty her bladder. I think I had five, with the same reaction. Maybe it depends upon what beer and the size of the container. I've been to places where certain beers aren't served in volumes any larger than 12 oz because of the alcohol content remember a particular pint that made the floor wobbly when I got off the stool.

Regardless of the beer, I'll do my drinking when the riding is done. Especially now that I have a pillion.

And here I thought I was the only one who felt this way.

The whole concept of a "Biker Bar" is beyond me.

-a.

Poker Runs, at least as they are held in rural Southern Illinois, involve riding from tavern to tavern with stops at each one to have a drink (or two).

Always a good charity that is getting some money from the deal. You know, Help the Kids kind of deal.

Never see many BMW's in the crowd. Why??????????

maybe because they only serve Domestic Beer. :scratch

No to drinking and driving

I spent a lot of years as a police officer, many of which I was on call to investigate all fatal accidents for my department. The vast majority of fatal accidents on the highways involve a driver who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol. The annual death rate in this country is between 35,000 to 50,000 people on our highways. Most of those people involved have a Blood Alcohol Level of .8 to 1.5, not a high load of alcohol, and can often be reached with a very moderate consumption level.

The first thing that is impaired is judgement, which greatly increases reaction time. Most of those folks would not appear intoxicated to the average individual. Just some things to keep in mind when one decides to enjoy your favorite adult beverage. After all your life and the lives of others can depend on the choices you make.:thumb

Back