• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Show us a picture of your 1st BMW

You know, I noticed the lines weren't parallel to the ground, but didn't pay it much mind. And I just adjusted the valves last week, too! Next time...LOL
Don't feel bad -- even the list gurus had to have had a "first time" to learn about this when the /7's first arrived, too!

Welcome to the wonderful world of airhead trivia -- you'll be amazed at how such simple machines can possibly have so many "unique features." :laugh

You should feel free to pass on this one to the next newbie :D

Bought my first one in 1974 used and then a new one in 1975 after some lady crashed into my first one.

Attachments

• 4-19-2009_011.jpg
    4-19-2009_011.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 222
I'll go with the first Beemer and ignore the 1981 320i

My recently reassembled 1995 R1100RS in RSL trim

IMG_0621.JPG

My five year old thinks that since he can reach the bars and the pegs at the same time, it should be his first BMW. I'm thinking he can switch from the KDX50 to the XR70 instead.

After a long series of bikes starting with Honda 250 Scrambler in 1964, I finally found my way to a Beemer in 2004, with an R1150R.

Attachments

• Spring '08 plus bike 029.jpg
    Spring '08 plus bike 029.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 352
My first BMW was a 1971 R50/5 that I bought used in the spring of 1981. I put about 40k on it before the speedo quit working and probably another 10-15k after that. I sold it a few years after I bought an '81 R100RS in 1985 and got into serious touring.
It was a sweet old bike, but it was seriously underpowered. It ran best on 100 octane leaded aviation gas.

Attachments

• r50slash5.jpg
    r50slash5.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 306
our first BMW

Fall of 2006..finally our first ...a 1991 75RT that I had traded my 2005 KLR straight across for....Like a couple of goofy kids with a new toy that day....a Russell seats sure is comfortable !!:thumb

Attachments

• 100_3779.jpg
    100_3779.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 251
After about a 25 year break from riding I got back into motorcycles by buying my first BMW it was a 99 R1100RS. That bike did a lot of first for me, a SaddleSore 1000, SaddleSore 3000, and a Coast to Coast in 50 hours. This picture is of me completing my Coast to Coast from Camp Lejeune NC to Camp Pendleton CA. After I visited family and friends in California I rode it back to Virginia then traded it in for a R1200RT. I only had the RS for 1 1/2 years and put 27,000 miles on it.

774017273_asFcA-L.jpg

Bought my first beemer last year, 1978 R100S. Poor thing spent 10 years in a garage.

IMG_1444.jpg

I liked it so much I bought another two weeks later. This time a R1100GS

IMG_0906.jpg

My Avatar.Away from riding for 10 years (all rice burners),and last Sept.decided to get back in.Took 7 months to see whats out there in the moto world and settled on the RT.Engines easy to work on,bike can travel LONG distance,and MOA headqrtrs.is just down the street.Glad I chose BMW.:clap

My first BMW, bought 4 weeks ago. It is also my first standard motorcycle. I bought a Suzuki Burgman 650 last year and put a few thousand miles commuting on it. It's really a motorcycle that looks like a scooter. The GSA is my first full motorcycle with all the standard stuff and clutch on it.

new-adventure.jpg

I've been riding since around 1967, but my first BM'er I got in 2007...here's my baby during my most recent trip in Colorado...Pewter Canyon. I wouldn't have any other bike.

DSC03013-20.jpg

After 25 years away from riding, I bought my first BMW (only my third bike) in the Spring of 2007. A lovely F800 ST. I traded it last Christmas for a R1200 GS. Totally in love with it.

Attachments

• F800.jpg
    F800.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Back