• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Show us your Snow Rides!

Bigbird

OK, with all the hot weather the country's been going thru lately how about thinking ahead to Winter. Who rides when the white stuff starts fallin? Let's see some pic!s Here's a couple to start things off...

101726072_U6hxo-M.jpg

Yeah, I know it's not a BMW (it's a '96 Greeves Enduro), but that is snow and lots of it!

405337010_zibUD-M.jpg

Time to brush off the GS and ride!

405337013_hwHTu-M.jpg

Thank god for heated grips!

954408900_29hs4-M.jpg

So, lets see some Cool pics!

Not quite winter but...

This was taken the Saturday morning at the first Color in the Catskills rally as we were all setting out for the day.

Attachments

• cold small.JPG
    cold small.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 262
Isn't there a rule against riding a bike with tires on it that are older than you are? .....should be.

Isn't there a rule against riding a bike with tires on it that are older than you are? .....should be.

There's probably a rule about not riding a bike sporting most of a coat hanger, and a 2x2" chunk of wood.. but.. there it is.

Note: The bike is up-to-snuff now. Even Nate Kern looked at it, nodded, and said to me "Now that's when men were men."

:ha

More "Snow Rides" - First rides of the Spring!

Here's a few pics of some First rides of the Spring
Had to shovel a ton of snow to get the K75 out of the garage! Apri 10, 2001.
956221436_uQJfQ-M.jpg

Pretty much the same deal with my KLR650, April 10, 2008
956221614_eAtav-M.jpg

And in 2009 with my 2nd KLR! Except the date was March 19th - earliest I ever got a bike out!
956222485_dmENN-M.jpg

I'm in no way looking forward to winter, but, here are a couple of photos I shot last January 29 east of Park City, Utah. The sun was out, and despite the 25 degree F temperatures, I spent the day on the bike. Between heated seat, hand grips and a Gerbing's jacket, it wasn't too bad. :thumb

ajordanelle_1.jpg

ajordanelle_2.jpg

My F650 with it's winter wear, studded knobbies for year round commuting.
ry%3D400

and the reaction from the folks at the office;
ry%3D400

more "Snow Rides" on "2-Wheels"

No heated grips, no electric vest, just keep on pedaling!:)

"Icebike" Ride, dec 20, 2008, temp +8F
439959229_Yxdvo-M.jpg

dec 20, 2009, +12F
745740464_DbuTx-M.jpg

MTB ride, B'dale Bog trail, +5F, jan 9, 2010
957212374_kHMbi-M.jpg

They're pretty sure I'm nuts.
Most of the kids thinks so too. It's funny that the roles have reversed on the discussions about what the prudent thing to do would be when my rugby playing son and I discuss lifestyle issues

Back