• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Your Mileage for 2005?

200 car pileup

Gail, that's what we got 2 days ago. The fog got really, really thick, and they had a 200 car, 2 fatality pile up just east of Lansing. You're right, it's time to be careful! :hide

SheRidesABeemer said:
Can you update the location on your profile? Then we'll find your millage more (or less) impressive. :D

Normally.......I would.

But....the US Marshall Witness Relocation Service recommends against it. :dunno

I'm thinkin within a yr. or two, I should have my life back. :clap

Speaking of 2005 mileage, does anyone know the exact date the MOA mileage contest begins? :brow

~jackie
'99 glacier green RT GiGi aka "PSYCHL"
PDX
well behaved women rarely make history...
Blue Knights Oregon I, IBA #16940

Blue Knight said:
:brow I think you might be a little poseur wasting peoples time.

Mike

It was meant to be a little bit of humor.

I guess you didn't see it as that. Take those sun glasses off (more humor, spelled out for you) and lighten up. :D

BTW: Most any forum could be considered a "waste of time". :stick

Winter in SW

Some friends and I went down to Baja, MX.

This is me doing a water crossing.

temps in the mid 70's

Life is good! :thumb

Attachments

• KIF_0803.JPG
    KIF_0803.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 88
Somewhat envious

Dave92029 said:
Some friends and I went down to Baja, MX.

This is me doing a water crossing.

temps in the mid 70's

Life is good! :thumb

I had a couple of good rides right after new year, and now after our ice storm the roads are covered in gravel. They may as well spread ball bearings. Total mileage about 160 and every one delightful. :nod

My basic mileage (net of any long trips) is about 15K kilometers, or 9K miles. I don't bike to commute. The last two years I have completed one long trip per year (Ottawa to BC, Ottawa to Utah), which adds several thousand kilometers. If I go north this year, which I'm contemplating, I'll probably be clocking around 25K kilometers, 16k miles........

Last edited:
As of end of January,

821 miles. Snow and ice on the roads now so that'll do it for this month.

'05 Mileage

Beemerphiles......................miles for '05??? about 1400 so far: 400 on Igor, 1000 on the Inga girl............

Mileage????? about 42-48 on the RS.........45-50 on the LT :D

Enjoy the month, year,etc

Miles

I'm just under 750 miles so far for the year. Sadly about 90% of those are commuting miles... I ring up just under 60 each day between here and work, so hitting 750 really isn't that big of a deal. Will probably be icy tomorrow, so it's looking like a rover day vs a BMW day...:(

RW

Back