• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Your Mileage for 2005?

bklyn pete said:
... so my mileage for 2005 is about 120 miles so far. hopefully, the rest of the years mileage will be less problematic.

pete

Helluva tale! May those be the worst 120 miles you ever ride.

Ark Building

Due to the recent heavy rains The BMW Owners' Club of San Diego #4 has cancelled all organized motorcycle rides, and in their place is organizing the building of an ARK to carry our BMW's in case the rains don't stop.

We hope to be able to resume polishing (it's a very anal group) and riding our bikes in a few weeks.

:stick

Pete sorry to hear of the problems. At least you are safe and still have your humour.

Remember the key to being a Rounder is to have round tires. ;)

I did 52 miles on NYD so I could have breakfast across the table from Voni.

Not many in '05... a nasty, lingering, with cold temps, system hung around most of this past week at 8800ft. 109 miles the first week of 2005.

From last year, here's the first 1/4 mile of the 1/2 mile I clear to get out :).

krsdw.jpg

0 miles so far in 05. I was quite happy with how I was doing in Rounder miles, got in a nice ride on New Year's Eve day, then we got hit with ice on New Year's Day, more on the 3rd, then a foot of snow on the 5th/6th. Ouch! I did start the RT yesterday just to hear it.

Wait a minute, my snowblower has two wheels. Been up and down the driveway a few times, maybe got in a quarter mile all told. Sounds more like a Harley than a Beemer, though. :)

Steve

I did a 400 mile ride on NYD. I rented a Harley Road Kind in Las Vegas. I just returned home last night & was planning on riding today but it snowed about 2 inches last night, so I think I will wait a couple hours & see what happens.

BradfordBenn said:
Pete sorry to hear of the problems. At least you are safe and still have your humour.

Remember the key to being a Rounder is to have round tires. ;)
they were round on the top, so i guess i'm still in :clap

pete

SheRidesABeemer said:
Pete, your story brought tears to my eye, poor bike. Oh, and you too!

thanks gail,
that's just life in the big city. i can't complain, i have alot of trouble free miles there too. maybe this year i'll try the yankee beemers rally, is it always in vermont or do they move it around?

pete

Mileage Awards also updated

I submitted my application on December 17th and Lyle Grimes mailed my patch and pin on December 23rd, and now the MOA web site is also updated, all done in less than 3 weeks!

Wow! These guys are awesome fast!

BradfordBenn said:
Hey Pete-

Check out When and Where it was freshly updated and lists two YB events. :twirl

thanks :doh the mass rally sounds good, but laconia is a no no for me. been there, done that, too many years ago to want to admit to.

pete

I am definately hoping to get more saddle time this year. Besides multiple trips up to Colorado for play and to visit with my daughter who attends college in Greeley, I am planning to either do the 4-corners tour or a trip over the Continental Divide from the Canadian Border to the Mexico border. Those are my bigger possibilities. I also hope to hit as many local rallies as I can.

800 and counting

Getting off to a good start with a good weekend trip to the mountains. Hoping to ride more. Lost time at the end of 04 replacing my trans input seal and doing my first Ducati maintenance.

Insane weather

62 degree coming into work today, snow flurries heading home. Fog so thick off the melting snow that it's not safe for a car out there.

Attachments

• crazy weather.jpg
    crazy weather.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 73
Back