• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Your Mileage for 2005?

sheridesabeemer

I Used to Be Someone
So how much have you ridden this year? ;)

I'm up to 140mi...I figure I'll put about 19,860 on before the year is up...yeah, I think I'll go look at that route now.

Happy New Year!

Well, I was futzing around in the garage and duck paddled my F650 from the front of the garage to the back. Then later I moved it back to the front of the garage. So for the year I am up to about 25 feet. Does that count?? :dunno

SheRidesABeemer asks:
>So how much have you ridden this year?

152 sMiles today ; )
Life is very good when you live it!
- and even better when your friends do too!

Voni
sMiling

250 miles so far.

I managed to get out in the Hill Country for about 3-4 hours today, and put about 250 miles on Bebe. There were a few rain showers, but temps got up to around 70 and we found some excellent back roads between Blanco and Fredericksburg! :brow

Nice way to start the new year.

In between rainstorms (mostly) here in the bay area, I got in a nice little 140 mile putt.

nospamsatx said:
I managed to get out in the Hill Country for about 3-4 hours today, and put about 250 miles on Bebe. There were a few rain showers, but temps got up to around 70 and we found some excellent back roads between Blanco and Fredericksburg! :brow

Nice way to start the new year.

70 degrees? 70 DEGREES??? It got up to about 10 degrees here today, and dumped 6 inches or better of snow this morning. You are a lucky man. I checked out your pictures, it looked like you had a nice ride. Makes me envious for sure, but hey, I'm happy for ya.

Well I am up to 65 miles. Today most tourists are leaving the Fl Keys and traffic is hell on earth. Imagine all these cagers getting on a two lane road. :sick
On the 31st two people died :cry in a crash that closed the road for 4 hrs. I went to my folks in my truck and this crash happened 20 min behind me. While on the road up to Ft. Lauderdale I saw two more crashes on the south side of the Turnpike, lucky for me I went north. Yup tourist season has started and as usual they are in a rush to get here. :stick

70 Degrees.

Rich said:
70 degrees? 70 DEGREES??? It got up to about 10 degrees here today, and dumped 6 inches or better of snow this morning. You are a lucky man. I checked out your pictures, it looked like you had a nice ride. Makes me envious for sure, but hey, I'm happy for ya.

Rich,

I feel your pain. :)

However, remember, when it's August here, the outside temps are around 105, the humidity is around 98%, and the asphalt is close to a liquid state. Not much fun for riding.

nospamsatx said:
Rich,
I feel your pain. :)

However, remember, when it's August here, the outside temps are around 105, the humidity is around 98%, and the asphalt is close to a liquid state. Not much fun for riding.

I'm looking forward to your Rounder-Like reports this summer...
"Got up this AM, asphalt is not quite liquid, was able to put on 100 miles, going out for coffee" :p

Rain

It is rianing very hard, but I had an appointment to install ohlins shocks on my R1200GS this morning at 8am so I rode 2 miles to the shop.

Surprise I was the only customer!

Rode the F650Gs home 2 miles in the rain, mid 40's.

San Diego averages 10 inches of rain annually so I figure by this evening we will have received our annual average amount of rain.

Can't wait for the sun and temps in the mid 60's to return. I hate winter! :brow

I bought my 92 R100R at the end of January 1992, as this year went by I thought I would be able to have that bike roll over the 200,000 mile mark by its 13th year. I may have taken the past years weather for granted.
0 miles in the new year, and it does not look like I will be riding soon. :dunno

Last edited:
widebmw said:
I bought my 92 R100R at the end of January 1992, as this year went by I thought I would be able to have that bike roll over the 200,000 mile mark by its 13th year. I may have taken the past years weather for granted.
0 miles in the new year, and it does not look like I will be riding soon. :dunno
Why not??? Deep snow makes for great traction, just warp a thick rope around each tire and you've got ready to order "chains"

:D

RM

PS nice pic, and cute house!

Heat

SheRidesABeemer said:
I'm looking forward to your Rounder-Like reports this summer...
"Got up this AM, asphalt is not quite liquid, was able to put on 100 miles, going out for coffee" :p

Actually, the liquid asphalt isn't the main problem--it's the darned Aerostich! The occasional traffic jam causes me to overheat, not the bike! :cry

Zero miles, but lots of plans

It rained here on New Year's Day and every day since. You know it's great riding weather when your county is simultaneously under a flood watch and a winter storm watch while an ice storm is going on and the trees are threatening to smash your house because of the weight of ice they're carrying.
Yeah, I know. Excuses, excuses.
I expect to do 15-20k this year, especially since I have to ride to Champaign, Ill., or Cincinnati for service now that my Indy dealer is kaput.
Here's a photo of my excuse for not riding today:

Attachments

• pearlsendiceds.jpg
    pearlsendiceds.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 140
Did around 230 on NYD, it got up to 67, with a group of 20 plus starting out from breakfast, been commuting every day but one since then, took a 40 or mile ride one and back to a local RTE (ride to eat) last night and rode today. will prob. go for at least 2 more, maybe 3, over 200 mile day rides by end of the month. So, gotta say it's starting out nice on the mid-atlantic coastal area for rounders.

RM

well, i took out my bike on new years day. i rode from ct to manhattan, then decided to ride from one end of brooklyn to the other and back. then back through manhattan and on the way back in the bronx, hit the mother of all pot holes after stopping for a light. i rode a few more feet and felt everything was ok, so i jumped on a highway heading north. right before the exit i was getting off on, i could feel a wobble. i still had about a half mile before i could safely pull over, by the time i did so, the front end was doing a dance. i pulled into a mcdonalds shopping center and checked out the situation. surprisingly, my front tire was ok, but my rear was flat (but only on the bottom) i took off my right saddlebag and saw a half inch gap where the rear tire hit the hole. at this time an older gentleman came over and told me i can get a bottle of flat fix at the auto parts store. i told him i don't think flat fix is going to do this one and showed him the dent in the rim. i was starting to draw a crowd and another person went to his car and brought back a small ball peen hammer. i gave it a few wacks (wincing with pain with what it was doing to my powder coated wheels) and it wasn't making much of a dent on the dent. someone else brought over a c-clamp, now we're cooking. i gingerly put the clamp on and slowly started bending the rim back on the tire. i took out my trusty compressor and pumped up the tire, when it hit 20lbs, i could hear a zzzzzz and saw the guage drop a half pound, nuts. i thanked the guys with the hammer and c-camp, gave them both $5 for a beer on me. i called road side assist and told them where i was and the situation. i spent around 20 minutes with them, they told me that they will pay for 15 miles, but i'm responsible for the rest. i was about 40 miles from home, yuck. when i hung up, i was going to go to the dunkin donuts and drown my misery with a donut and a hot chocolate. i noticed that the tire still had air in it, i gave it a kick and it didn't give. i called back roadside assist and told them i'm going to try and make it to my mechanic, worse case scenario, they will get another call from me. i had to get on the bronx river pkwy and i did about 45mph all the way. when i got to the cross county, my right saddlebag fell off, snit. i pull over, of course the road is cambered away from the side stand, but i managed to get off the bike without it falling over, and me getting killed by mad ny traffic. i retrieved the bag and it was skuffed up and one of the locking tabs was broken off. i put it back on and i really didin't care if it fell off again, i was po'd and tired by now. i made it to my mechanics place, i wrote a note and covered the bike. called home and got my son to pick me up. new report on monday was i dented both rims and had a blister on the front tire that i wasn't aware of since my focus was on the rear tire. so replacing both wheels, tires and right saddlebag on my rt should be about $2k. i put in a claim and they are paying everything but my $250 deductible. with luck, they may be able to go after nyc if someone else had reported a problem with that pothole, if not, oh well. so my mileage for 2005 is about 120 miles so far. hopefully, the rest of the years mileage will be less problematic.

pete

Back