• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member with a question :)

robbflynn

Howdy all! After approximately 3 test rides a summer for the last 3 years, I finally plunked down enough to walk away with a new '09 1200GS back in June. I knew from the first test ride back in '07 it was only a matter of time, but sometimes it's tough to pull the trigger with those big purchases on a teacher's salary! Art and the rest of the folks at Country Rode (Macedon, NY) were awesome for three years, though, as they waited for me. They knew it was just a matter of time as well.

I've been riding since somewhere in the 80's. Started on dirt, but migrated to cruisers at some point with a 2000 Indian Chief being the daily ride that the GS is replacing. I'm having a blast as I slowly discover all the new route possibilities.

Which brings me to my question.

Currently planning my first multi-day ride on the GS (~2400 miles through the NE US) and I am curious about the lag time in the delivery of the Anonymous Book. I've received all my membership info (even got a 5 year pin unlike that "other" guy... which I actually thought was quite weird), but no book yet. I assume it comes direct from a publisher/distributor, but I'd love to have it tucked away in the tank bag before I head out. Is the lag time normal?

You should be getting the book in the mail soon I would think.

Call the MOA Office & tell them how much time has past, they will send another if it's been too long.

Congrats on the new bike! Enjoy!

Currently planning my first multi-day ride on the GS (~2400 miles through the NE US) and I am curious about the lag time in the delivery of the Anonymous Book. I've received all my membership info (even got a 5 year pin unlike that "other" guy... which I actually thought was quite weird), but no book yet. I assume it comes direct from a publisher/distributor, but I'd love to have it tucked away in the tank bag before I head out. Is the lag time normal?

Welcome and congratulations on that new bike. I joined a year ago and it did take some time before I received my Anonymous book -- maybe even a few months, but I don't recall exactly.

That said, I wouldn't want to leave you hanging with a new bike and multi-day trip coming up -- so if you would like, send me a PM with your mailing address and I'll send you my 2010 book. I won't be needing it until next year and I'd be happy to mail you mine.

I promise -- no mail solicitations and I won't add your name to any 3rd party mailing lists. :)

Again, good riding and welcome to the forum.

Wow, very generous, Texan! Thanks so much. I may take you up on that, but let me see what the office folks say first. I've toured alone for years without anything like "The Book" so I'm not terribly concerned about not having it, but just the idea of having a resource like that along with me is really neat.

That and I love coffee with strangers :)

Thanks again, and I'll let you know what I find out.

Back