• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Looking for Johnson City area Riding info

leadfoot

Looking to get away for several days, and I think I will head for last year's rally area. I will be riding up from the Mississippi Coast to a buddy's in Huntsville. The plan is to leave the next day for Johnson City. We plan on taking to whole day to get there if needed. I thought about turning off the Interstate at Lenoir City and taking the Foothills Parkway and various routes to JC, then using JC as home-base and hitting the twisties for a few days.

Question is...anyone have any suggestions for the Huntsville to J City route, and the area's best twisties once we arrive?

Thanks

Phil's BBQ Pit was at the Rally in Johnson City and they had really great brisket and wings. They have a mild and super hot sauce that was so good I had them send me some when I got home! They are in Johnson City, Kingsport, or Bristol.
Enjoy!:clap

Here is a great ride from Huntsville to Johnson City.

Huntsville to South Pittsburg, TN (US 72)
South Pittsburg to Chattanooga (I-24)
Chattanooga to Cleveland, TN (I-75)
Cleveland to Ducktown, TN (US 64)
Ducktown to Tellico Plains, TN (TN 68)
Lunch in Tellico Plains at Tellico Grain Bakery
Tellico Plains to Deals Gap (Cherohala Skwy, Santeetlah Rd, US 129
Deals Gap to Waynesville (TN 28, US 19, 23, 74)
Waynesville to Johnson City (I-40, I-26)

The ride from Tellico Plains to Deals Gap and on TN 28 are about some of the best rides you can find in the area. This route is about 425 miles.

I am also attaching a gpx file for this route.

View attachment Route for Leadfoot to JC, TN.gpx

Thanks all for the route suggestions, as well as the BBQ spots! Hopefully I will get out of here in a few weeks and try some of those BBQ spots out.

MDBENSON I think that route is similar to the route I took from Huntsville to the Cheraholla Skyway last year, good suggestion. Maybe it will differ a bit, as I really prefer not to repeat routes. I realize we will have to hit the Superslab a time or two, but would prefer not to.

Cheers

Jim

Back