• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New in Oregon

Tooth

It took several years but I finally got my bike.....
Looking forward to may miles of BMW riding and exchanging info and experiences with this group.........

Where in Oregon? Which model bike, did you get to the national? We need pictures and details.
Oh... Welcome to the Club.

I am in Roseburg....I purchased a new 1200GSA yesterday.....this was a long time coming.....I moved here from Ohio two years ago and wanted one for the past 5 years. I ride almost year round here and as of late....two up.
Did not get to attend the rally....I was on the edge with the purchase of the bike and I knew thata if I saw all the BMWs I would be a goner if I went....stupid me....I jumped and took one on my own.
I am always available to ride.....would like to meet you guys in person someday....hopefully not on the 5.........I am commited to living on 101 ....

You say you like 101, check out Carpenterville Road between Pistol River and Brookings.
You will throw rocks at 101 after riding it. I hope you have found the 199 from Grants Pass to 101 at least on the map. there are a lot of jumping off points along 199 north and south. You live in an area rich with ride options.

Its the forest roads and fire roads that made the GSA so appealing to me. I have a KLR650 that my son is now using. It was a little tough going two up on it with wife.
In the past three weeks of ownership I have found that the bike really performs well when pushed...it handles very well on corners on slabs for a bike so tall. I have not off roaded much due to break in an such. In a bit of a tire dilemma, dont view the Conti Attack as "adventure tire" would like a 60/40 tire for Oregon....rain always a concern 3 seasons of year.
happy to be part of forum thanks to all for the kind reception....
Safe riding to all.:thumb

Back