• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New owner in IN

acrotwo

Just got my first BMW today. Drove to WI from IN to pick up a 2002 1150R. Trucked it back, did not want to ride around Chicago. Looking forward to riding it tomorrow. Appears to be great bike, 33K and it looks new.

Welcome to the Forum. Riding a new bike through Chicago might be a bit hairy if your new to the bike. Not a bad call. But you should be up and runnin' in no time. Have fun riding Sunday and post a pic of your new ride as soon as you can.

Welcome to the club! My wife & I ride our bikes around the MN-WI border a lot, and even take a trip most every year to Ft Wayne- we have relatives near the Coliseum. We always take the L-O-N-G way around Chicago on the bikes. You made the right call. This year's trip for us has come & gone, but you just might see us tooling down Coliseum Blvd next year....
Enjoy the ride!

Follow Fort Wayne citizen here. Hope you enjoy your new bike. My brother use to live in Chicago (Downers Grove)...I therefore agree with your Chicagoless bike travel being a good choice. Once bought a new K1200GT from Chicago BMW and trying to ride at a moderate (break in mode) on I-294 was a real challenge. Ride safe.

Welcome!!

I'm also glad to welcome any and all Hoosiers to the group. There is also a small group called the Summit City Beemers, look us up!

There must be something about Wisc bikes, because I rode one home from La Crosse earlier this spring. A real nice 92 GSPD.

Welcome aboard.

Back