• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Who's camping and who's hoteling?

I like camping and sleep well.

Why should I pay lot's of money to just sleep ?

The showers ? Take one at night when all are drinking in the bars !

Nothing is better when you have all the guys together talking about bikes.
I do not , can not see them all in my hotel room. But at the Camp Ground I can pick and choose the people and the subjects.

And ......... I have 3 person tent for the ladies that can not sleep alone. Ha Ha.

Rough it !

:p

Attachments

• 20170813_141127_resized.jpg
    20170813_141127_resized.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 1
I love to camp but I also like hot showers, a soft bed and quiet. My son, brother, a friend and I all have gotten our own rooms.

mark1150rt said:
I love to camp but I also like hot showers, a soft bed and quiet. My son, brother, a friend and I all have gotten our own rooms.

I too love to camp, but after a full day of being hyperstimulated by all the bikes and people, I'm usually ready for a little time in a quieter place.

I've camped at Moodus (found a nice quiet spot by the BMW truck, back in the shrubs), Oshkosh and Redmond. The best rally camping, for me, anyway, was at Rheinbeck where we camped in the livestock stalls. We had a nice picnic table to hang out at, the tent stayed out of the sun and the shavings put a nice cushy base under the thermarest. Very nice. I enjoyed camping in those spots.

In Durango, we had a hotel room right down the street from the fairgrounds. It was fantastic. Too hot? Need some quiet for a bit? Walk to the room, turn on the A/C and have a BEvERage.

They both have their attraction and I can't honestly say that one is better than the other. They're just different. Kind of like BMW's various models.

:clap

Attachments

• 41080.jpg
    41080.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210130_125907.jpg
    20210130_125907.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 1
Back